CCTV released of knife-point robbery in Clerkenwell Close
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a knife-point robbery in Islington have issued CCTV footage in the hope of identifying a man they are keen to speak to.
On Tuesday, September 29, police were called to reports of a robbery at a newsagent in Clerkenwell Close.
A man in his 20s walked into the shop around 13.40 and approached the front counter. He told the 42-year-old staff member to open the till and threatened him with a large knife held in front of his face.
As the staff member struggled to open the till, the suspect pushed a chewing gum stand to the floor and demanded he hurry up.
A total of £400 was handed over and the suspect ran out of the store towards Sans Walk.
You may also want to watch:
CCTV captured the incident as well as the suspect drinking out of a can nearby before the robbery.
The suspect is described as a white man in his 20s, 5ft 9ins, with short blond hair.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 5 ESL 'the death of what football should be about', say Arsenal fans
- 6 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 7 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 8 Chamber music and arts festival scheduled for Islington this summer
- 9 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 10 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may recognise him.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting image 191154 or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.