CCTV released of knife-point robbery in Clerkenwell Close
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a knife-point robbery in Islington have issued CCTV footage in the hope of identifying a man they are keen to speak to.
On Tuesday, September 29, police were called to reports of a robbery at a newsagent in Clerkenwell Close.
A man in his 20s walked into the shop around 13.40 and approached the front counter. He told the 42-year-old staff member to open the till and threatened him with a large knife held in front of his face.
As the staff member struggled to open the till, the suspect pushed a chewing gum stand to the floor and demanded he hurry up.
A total of £400 was handed over and the suspect ran out of the store towards Sans Walk.
You may also want to watch:
CCTV captured the incident as well as the suspect drinking out of a can nearby before the robbery.
The suspect is described as a white man in his 20s, 5ft 9ins, with short blond hair.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 8 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may recognise him.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting image 191154 or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.