CCTV released of knife-point robbery in Clerkenwell Close
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a knife-point robbery in Islington have issued CCTV footage in the hope of identifying a man they are keen to speak to.
On Tuesday, September 29, police were called to reports of a robbery at a newsagent in Clerkenwell Close.
A man in his 20s walked into the shop around 13.40 and approached the front counter. He told the 42-year-old staff member to open the till and threatened him with a large knife held in front of his face.
As the staff member struggled to open the till, the suspect pushed a chewing gum stand to the floor and demanded he hurry up.
A total of £400 was handed over and the suspect ran out of the store towards Sans Walk.
You may also want to watch:
CCTV captured the incident as well as the suspect drinking out of a can nearby before the robbery.
The suspect is described as a white man in his 20s, 5ft 9ins, with short blond hair.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may recognise him.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting image 191154 or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.