Cheeky thief poses as courier in Finsbury and makes off with £3,000 photography gear
- Credit: Archant
A cheeky thief who posed as a courier to steal £3,000 worth of photographic equipment is being hunted by police.
On July 28 the rental company, based off Rosebery Avenue, Finsbury, were waiting for a driver to pick up an expensive piece of gear.
Instead, a crafty chancer turned up and told staff he was there to collect the item.
Believing he was the courier, they handed the equipment over – but ten minutes later another courier turned up.
After making a few enquiries staff realised that the first courier, who they had handed over the specialist equipment to, was bogus.
You may also want to watch:
Police have released CCTV images of a man they want to speak to in connection with the incident.
Anyone who recognises the man, or can help police with their investigation, can call Det Cons Jose Lagares from Islington CID on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 7 Elthorne Pride community group's back-to-school initiative
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Islington company offers paid leave for miscarriage sufferers
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'