Cheeky thief poses as courier in Finsbury and makes off with £3,000 photography gear
- Credit: Archant
A cheeky thief who posed as a courier to steal £3,000 worth of photographic equipment is being hunted by police.
On July 28 the rental company, based off Rosebery Avenue, Finsbury, were waiting for a driver to pick up an expensive piece of gear.
Instead, a crafty chancer turned up and told staff he was there to collect the item.
Believing he was the courier, they handed the equipment over – but ten minutes later another courier turned up.
After making a few enquiries staff realised that the first courier, who they had handed over the specialist equipment to, was bogus.
You may also want to watch:
Police have released CCTV images of a man they want to speak to in connection with the incident.
Anyone who recognises the man, or can help police with their investigation, can call Det Cons Jose Lagares from Islington CID on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 4 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 5 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 6 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 7 Letters: Environment and tenants' manifesto
- 8 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 9 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 10 Author inspired by Highbury for debut sci-fi novel about aliens