Cheeky thief poses as courier in Finsbury and makes off with £3,000 photography gear
- Credit: Archant
A cheeky thief who posed as a courier to steal £3,000 worth of photographic equipment is being hunted by police.
On July 28 the rental company, based off Rosebery Avenue, Finsbury, were waiting for a driver to pick up an expensive piece of gear.
Instead, a crafty chancer turned up and told staff he was there to collect the item.
Believing he was the courier, they handed the equipment over – but ten minutes later another courier turned up.
After making a few enquiries staff realised that the first courier, who they had handed over the specialist equipment to, was bogus.
You may also want to watch:
Police have released CCTV images of a man they want to speak to in connection with the incident.
Anyone who recognises the man, or can help police with their investigation, can call Det Cons Jose Lagares from Islington CID on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 7 Meet Charrli - the Islington start-up facilitating zero-waste shopping
- 8 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 9 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 10 Arsenal youngsters Hennessy and Goldie selected for England under 19s