Cheeky thief poses as courier in Finsbury and makes off with £3,000 photography gear
- Credit: Archant
A cheeky thief who posed as a courier to steal £3,000 worth of photographic equipment is being hunted by police.
On July 28 the rental company, based off Rosebery Avenue, Finsbury, were waiting for a driver to pick up an expensive piece of gear.
Instead, a crafty chancer turned up and told staff he was there to collect the item.
Believing he was the courier, they handed the equipment over – but ten minutes later another courier turned up.
After making a few enquiries staff realised that the first courier, who they had handed over the specialist equipment to, was bogus.
You may also want to watch:
Police have released CCTV images of a man they want to speak to in connection with the incident.
Anyone who recognises the man, or can help police with their investigation, can call Det Cons Jose Lagares from Islington CID on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 6 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder