Chelsea yobs sing racist songs at St Pancras station
- Credit: Archant
‘Disgusting’ chants shock witnesses, British Transport Police say
Chelsea hooligans fans sang “appalling” racist songs as they marched through St Pancras station, police say.
The “unsavoury” incident took place on February 18 at about 8pm as fans returned from the French Capital following the West London club’s Champions League clash with Paris St Germain.
A disgusted member of the public reported the incident and now British Transport Police (BTP) are looking for other witnesses to come forward.
Spt Gill Murray said: “The racist chanting was reported by a member of the public who was disgusted by the behaviour of the men who had travelled on the 18.40 service from Paris Gard du Nord. The men shouted as they walked through the station having alighted from the train a short time earlier.
You may also want to watch:
“If you travelled on the train from Paris or were at the station and have information which can assist our investigation I would urge you to get in touch as a matte of urgency.”
”It’s clear that unfortunately there is still a minority who think it is acceptable to behave in such an abhorrent manner. There is more that needs to be done to publicly condemn this type of behaviour and British Transport Police is actively working with football clubs, the football authorities and other key agencies to tackle this appalling behaviour.”
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 ESL 'the death of what football should be about', say Arsenal fans
- 7 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 8 Chamber music and arts festival scheduled for Islington this summer
- 9 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 10 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
Anyone with information can call BTP on 0800 40 50 40 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.