Three held over double stabbing in Owens Field, near City and Islington College, during ‘street fight’
- Credit: Archant
A street brawl near City and Islington College in Goswell Road saw two men taken to hospital.
Students clearing out of the college’s centre for applied sciences following exams were confronted by police and medics at about 2.45pm.
A Met spokesman said: “Police were called to reports of disorder among two groups of males aged approximately 18 to 20s in the Goswell Road and surrounding areas of Islington.
“Officers attended. At this stage is it believed two males have been taken to hospital with stab wounds.”
Three men were this evening being held by police on suspicion of committing public order offences.
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics initially said one man had been taken to hospital, but Scotland Yard later confirmed the second man had also been injured.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We were called at 3.04pm to reports of a stabbing incident near Goswell Road, Islington.
- 1 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 2 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 5 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 8 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 9 Can you help identify this man?
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
“We sent an ambulance crew and a single responder by car to the scene, arriving within four minutes.
“We treated a man at the scene for a stab wound to the stomach and took him as a priority to hospital in central London.”
City and Islington College could not be reached for comment.
An earlier version of this story stated the college had been evacuated during the disorder. In fact, students were leaving the building routinely following exams.
Do you know what happened? E-mail James Morris at the Gazette: email@example.com