Clerkenwell teenager wanted in connection with Colchester killing
- Credit: Archant
A teenager from Clerkenwell is wanted for questioning over a fatal stabbing in Essex.
Police are on the hunt for 18-year-old Jack Hummerstone who they want to speak to in connection with the killing of Thomas Brittain in Colchester.
A murder investigation was launched after Mr Brittain, 26, was knifed to death in a flat at around 1.45am on Saturday.
Officers have released a photo of Mr Hummerstone and are appealing to the public for any information that might help their search. Another man from Frinton has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
Det Ch Insp Mark Hall, of Essex Police, said: “Jack Hummerstone should make contact with police as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“If anyone knows of their current whereabouts they should make contact with police by calling 999 immediately. I would also advise members of the public not to approach them.
“It is possible that someone may be harbouring either one, or both, of these men and if that is the case I would urge that person or persons to think very carefully about their own position. They could be committing an offence by assisting a person wanted by police.”
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 6 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios
- 10 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes