Clerkenwell teenager wanted in connection with Colchester killing
- Credit: Archant
A teenager from Clerkenwell is wanted for questioning over a fatal stabbing in Essex.
Police are on the hunt for 18-year-old Jack Hummerstone who they want to speak to in connection with the killing of Thomas Brittain in Colchester.
A murder investigation was launched after Mr Brittain, 26, was knifed to death in a flat at around 1.45am on Saturday.
Officers have released a photo of Mr Hummerstone and are appealing to the public for any information that might help their search. Another man from Frinton has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
Det Ch Insp Mark Hall, of Essex Police, said: “Jack Hummerstone should make contact with police as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“If anyone knows of their current whereabouts they should make contact with police by calling 999 immediately. I would also advise members of the public not to approach them.
“It is possible that someone may be harbouring either one, or both, of these men and if that is the case I would urge that person or persons to think very carefully about their own position. They could be committing an offence by assisting a person wanted by police.”
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 4 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 5 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 6 Letters: Environment and tenants' manifesto
- 7 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 8 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 9 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 10 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate