Clerkenwell teenager wanted in connection with Colchester killing
- Credit: Archant
A teenager from Clerkenwell is wanted for questioning over a fatal stabbing in Essex.
Police are on the hunt for 18-year-old Jack Hummerstone who they want to speak to in connection with the killing of Thomas Brittain in Colchester.
A murder investigation was launched after Mr Brittain, 26, was knifed to death in a flat at around 1.45am on Saturday.
Officers have released a photo of Mr Hummerstone and are appealing to the public for any information that might help their search. Another man from Frinton has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
Det Ch Insp Mark Hall, of Essex Police, said: “Jack Hummerstone should make contact with police as soon as possible.
“If anyone knows of their current whereabouts they should make contact with police by calling 999 immediately. I would also advise members of the public not to approach them.
“It is possible that someone may be harbouring either one, or both, of these men and if that is the case I would urge that person or persons to think very carefully about their own position. They could be committing an offence by assisting a person wanted by police.”
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 3 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 4 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 5 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 6 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 7 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 8 Ironmonger Row Baths have reopened for these activities
- 9 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 10 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend