Clerkenwell teenager wanted in connection with Colchester killing
- Credit: Archant
A teenager from Clerkenwell is wanted for questioning over a fatal stabbing in Essex.
Police are on the hunt for 18-year-old Jack Hummerstone who they want to speak to in connection with the killing of Thomas Brittain in Colchester.
A murder investigation was launched after Mr Brittain, 26, was knifed to death in a flat at around 1.45am on Saturday.
Officers have released a photo of Mr Hummerstone and are appealing to the public for any information that might help their search. Another man from Frinton has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
Det Ch Insp Mark Hall, of Essex Police, said: “Jack Hummerstone should make contact with police as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“If anyone knows of their current whereabouts they should make contact with police by calling 999 immediately. I would also advise members of the public not to approach them.
“It is possible that someone may be harbouring either one, or both, of these men and if that is the case I would urge that person or persons to think very carefully about their own position. They could be committing an offence by assisting a person wanted by police.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 4 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Letters: Holloway Prison site development
- 10 New 'ethical' Deliveroo-style service coming to Islington