Cocaine and cannabis seized in Holloway drugs raid
A KILO of cocaine was seized when police raided a flat in Holloway for drugs.
Police also seized a quantity of cannabis when they stormed a property in Soldene Court on the Ringcross Estate, Georges Road, last Thursday.
A 27-year-old man was arrested for possession with intent to supply class A drugs and possession of a Class B drug. He was bailed to return to police on December 16.
Police Sergeant Paul Bristow, from Holloway Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “We are committed to listening and acting on residents concerns about crime and anti-social behaviour. This is a good example of how different police units work together to make Islington a safer place.
“The Safer Neighbourhoods Taskforce acted swiftly, searched the address and found approximately a kilo of what we believe to be cocaine has now been taken off the streets.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about illegal drug use or supply in the community should contact their local Safer Neighbourhoods team or call Crime Stoppers on 0800 555111 to remain anonymous.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 9 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 10 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules