Cocaine and cannabis seized in Holloway drugs raid
A KILO of cocaine was seized when police raided a flat in Holloway for drugs.
Police also seized a quantity of cannabis when they stormed a property in Soldene Court on the Ringcross Estate, Georges Road, last Thursday.
A 27-year-old man was arrested for possession with intent to supply class A drugs and possession of a Class B drug. He was bailed to return to police on December 16.
Police Sergeant Paul Bristow, from Holloway Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “We are committed to listening and acting on residents concerns about crime and anti-social behaviour. This is a good example of how different police units work together to make Islington a safer place.
“The Safer Neighbourhoods Taskforce acted swiftly, searched the address and found approximately a kilo of what we believe to be cocaine has now been taken off the streets.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about illegal drug use or supply in the community should contact their local Safer Neighbourhoods team or call Crime Stoppers on 0800 555111 to remain anonymous.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 6 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green