Cocaine and cannabis seized in Holloway drugs raid
A KILO of cocaine was seized when police raided a flat in Holloway for drugs.
Police also seized a quantity of cannabis when they stormed a property in Soldene Court on the Ringcross Estate, Georges Road, last Thursday.
A 27-year-old man was arrested for possession with intent to supply class A drugs and possession of a Class B drug. He was bailed to return to police on December 16.
Police Sergeant Paul Bristow, from Holloway Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “We are committed to listening and acting on residents concerns about crime and anti-social behaviour. This is a good example of how different police units work together to make Islington a safer place.
“The Safer Neighbourhoods Taskforce acted swiftly, searched the address and found approximately a kilo of what we believe to be cocaine has now been taken off the streets.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about illegal drug use or supply in the community should contact their local Safer Neighbourhoods team or call Crime Stoppers on 0800 555111 to remain anonymous.
- 1 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 4 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 7 Designated Covid care setting celebrates intervention on insurance issues
- 8 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 9 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 10 Finsbury Park mentoring charity appeals for BAME volunteers