Cocaine and cannabis seized in Holloway drugs raid
A KILO of cocaine was seized when police raided a flat in Holloway for drugs.
Police also seized a quantity of cannabis when they stormed a property in Soldene Court on the Ringcross Estate, Georges Road, last Thursday.
A 27-year-old man was arrested for possession with intent to supply class A drugs and possession of a Class B drug. He was bailed to return to police on December 16.
Police Sergeant Paul Bristow, from Holloway Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “We are committed to listening and acting on residents concerns about crime and anti-social behaviour. This is a good example of how different police units work together to make Islington a safer place.
“The Safer Neighbourhoods Taskforce acted swiftly, searched the address and found approximately a kilo of what we believe to be cocaine has now been taken off the streets.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about illegal drug use or supply in the community should contact their local Safer Neighbourhoods team or call Crime Stoppers on 0800 555111 to remain anonymous.
- 1 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 2 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 5 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 8 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 9 Can you help identify this man?
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub