Crack dealer banned from Islington for 10 years
A crack cocaine and heroin dealer who travelled from Stevange to Islington to sell drugs has been banned from the borough for 10 years.
Keno Forbes, 33, of York Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, was jailed for three years at Blackfriars Crown Court on October 13. He pleaded guilty to 11 charges of supplying Class A substances and was given a 10-year antisocial behaviour order (ASBO) which prevents him entering Islington.
Crime squad officers from Islington launched Operation Amargosa in April which targeted drug-dealing in Caledonian Road.
Forbes, who operated under the street name Blood, was arrested on July 14 after he was identified as a major supplier.
Police searched an address in Rufford Street, Islington, which he used and discovered drug paraphernalia such as scales, a chopping board which had white powder, a razor blade, cling film and black plastic.
You may also want to watch:
Police Constable Claire Millward, from the Islington Crime Squad, said: “This was a protracted investigation to tackle illegal drugs supply in the borough. Forbes came into Islington solely to sell drugs. His sentence and subsequent ASBO means that he will no longer be able to saturate the streets with his illegal drugs or indeed make a profit from his criminal activities.”
Police Constable Rowena Dark, from Caledonian Safer Neighbourhoods team which applied for ASBO, said: “Forbes was seen on a daily basis around the Bemerton Estate and surrounding streets dealing class A drugs even though he lives in Hertfordshire. I’m pleased that the judge saw fit to grant this ASBO.”
- 1 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 2 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 3 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 4 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 5 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 6 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 7 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 8 Islington charity choir smashes fundraising target with help from Brian Eno
- 9 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 10 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards