Crime-busting tips and helmet-wearing opportunities at Islington Police open day
- Credit: Archant
Crime-busting tips and the chance to wear a helmet are two of the big attractions at a police open day next month.
The ‘Crime Prevention and Community Awareness Day at Islington Police Station, in Tolpuddle street, Islington on September 21, follows on from the success of the station’s bicycle themed event in June.
Entry is free, and specialist police units and emergency service staff will be on hand to give out advice on personal safety and crime prevention messieurs.
For children, there will be a chance to dress up in some police uniforms, use the equipment and even get into police cars and work the sirens.
Pc Chris O’Toole, organiser of the event, said “The open day is a great opportunity for us to engage with the local community and explain what we are doing to improve their neighbourhood, keep them safe and offer crime prevention advice to enable home owners to do their part and be security smart.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “There will be a chance for the children to see specialist police units and have their photographs taken in police vehicles.”
The event runs from 11am to 4pm.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 6 'Havoc' as squirrels invade Old Street council block
- 7 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 8 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 9 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
- 10 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues