Crime-busting tips and helmet-wearing opportunities at Islington Police open day
- Credit: Archant
Crime-busting tips and the chance to wear a helmet are two of the big attractions at a police open day next month.
The ‘Crime Prevention and Community Awareness Day at Islington Police Station, in Tolpuddle street, Islington on September 21, follows on from the success of the station’s bicycle themed event in June.
Entry is free, and specialist police units and emergency service staff will be on hand to give out advice on personal safety and crime prevention messieurs.
For children, there will be a chance to dress up in some police uniforms, use the equipment and even get into police cars and work the sirens.
Pc Chris O’Toole, organiser of the event, said “The open day is a great opportunity for us to engage with the local community and explain what we are doing to improve their neighbourhood, keep them safe and offer crime prevention advice to enable home owners to do their part and be security smart.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “There will be a chance for the children to see specialist police units and have their photographs taken in police vehicles.”
The event runs from 11am to 4pm.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire