Crime-busting tips and helmet-wearing opportunities at Islington Police open day
- Credit: Archant
Crime-busting tips and the chance to wear a helmet are two of the big attractions at a police open day next month.
The ‘Crime Prevention and Community Awareness Day at Islington Police Station, in Tolpuddle street, Islington on September 21, follows on from the success of the station’s bicycle themed event in June.
Entry is free, and specialist police units and emergency service staff will be on hand to give out advice on personal safety and crime prevention messieurs.
For children, there will be a chance to dress up in some police uniforms, use the equipment and even get into police cars and work the sirens.
Pc Chris O’Toole, organiser of the event, said “The open day is a great opportunity for us to engage with the local community and explain what we are doing to improve their neighbourhood, keep them safe and offer crime prevention advice to enable home owners to do their part and be security smart.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “There will be a chance for the children to see specialist police units and have their photographs taken in police vehicles.”
The event runs from 11am to 4pm.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 4 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 10 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school