Cyclist suffers head injury after suspected hit and run in Crouch Hill
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist in his sixties suffered a “serious head injury” after being knocked off his bike by a hit and run driver near the top of Crouch Hill on Wednesday.
Police were called at 3.45pm to the junction of Heathville Road and Crouch Hill.
The London Ambulance Service also attended.
The cyclist was taken to hospital for treatment and his condition is not thought to be life threatening.
Scotland Yard said: "It is believed the cyclist was injured after being involved in a collision with another vehicle which did not stop at the scene."
You may also want to watch:
Crouch End jeweller Kate Baxter was at the scene shortly after the incident.
She told this newspaper: "I just pulled up and he was already on the floor in the road. He had blood coming from his head and he was unconscious.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios
- 10 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
"It was really worrying."
Police enquiries into the circumstances of the incident continue.