Cyclist suffers head injury after suspected hit and run in Crouch Hill
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist in his sixties suffered a “serious head injury” after being knocked off his bike by a hit and run driver near the top of Crouch Hill on Wednesday.
Police were called at 3.45pm to the junction of Heathville Road and Crouch Hill.
The London Ambulance Service also attended.
The cyclist was taken to hospital for treatment and his condition is not thought to be life threatening.
Scotland Yard said: "It is believed the cyclist was injured after being involved in a collision with another vehicle which did not stop at the scene."
You may also want to watch:
Crouch End jeweller Kate Baxter was at the scene shortly after the incident.
She told this newspaper: "I just pulled up and he was already on the floor in the road. He had blood coming from his head and he was unconscious.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 4 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 5 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 6 Letters: Environment and tenants' manifesto
- 7 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 8 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 9 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 10 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
"It was really worrying."
Police enquiries into the circumstances of the incident continue.