Crouch Hill’s Parkland Walk cordon after latest sex attack allegation
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after an alleged rape in a secluded woodland near a school.
Police were called to reports of a serious sexual assault near the new Ashmount School, in Crouch Hill, at around 10pm on Friday.
Members of the public are thought to have heard screaming and called officers, who found a 22-year-old woman crouched on the street in nearby Crouch Hill.
Witnesses say a section of Parkland Walk near the entrance to the school was cordoned off by police.
A 28-year-old suspect has been arrested and bailed pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Another man, aged 27, is wanted in connection with the incident.
Officers from the sexual offences, exploitation and child abuse command are investigating and enquiries continue.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 7 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 10 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
In April, a 42-year-old Romanian man was jailed for 13 years after raping a woman on the same woodland trail.