Crouch Hill’s Parkland Walk cordon after latest sex attack allegation
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after an alleged rape in a secluded woodland near a school.
Police were called to reports of a serious sexual assault near the new Ashmount School, in Crouch Hill, at around 10pm on Friday.
Members of the public are thought to have heard screaming and called officers, who found a 22-year-old woman crouched on the street in nearby Crouch Hill.
Witnesses say a section of Parkland Walk near the entrance to the school was cordoned off by police.
A 28-year-old suspect has been arrested and bailed pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Another man, aged 27, is wanted in connection with the incident.
Officers from the sexual offences, exploitation and child abuse command are investigating and enquiries continue.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Appeal for information after boy, 15, stabbed in back
- 3 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 4 Second man charged with murder of Taylor Cox in Islington
- 5 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 6 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 7 In pictures: Pond-dipping, singing and mindfulness at Gillespie Park fun day
- 8 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
In April, a 42-year-old Romanian man was jailed for 13 years after raping a woman on the same woodland trail.