Crouch Hill’s Parkland Walk cordon after latest sex attack allegation
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after an alleged rape in a secluded woodland near a school.
Police were called to reports of a serious sexual assault near the new Ashmount School, in Crouch Hill, at around 10pm on Friday.
Members of the public are thought to have heard screaming and called officers, who found a 22-year-old woman crouched on the street in nearby Crouch Hill.
Witnesses say a section of Parkland Walk near the entrance to the school was cordoned off by police.
A 28-year-old suspect has been arrested and bailed pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Another man, aged 27, is wanted in connection with the incident.
Officers from the sexual offences, exploitation and child abuse command are investigating and enquiries continue.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
In April, a 42-year-old Romanian man was jailed for 13 years after raping a woman on the same woodland trail.