Cyclist killed in crash with Transit van in Camden Road, Holloway
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist in his 30s has died and a van driver has been arrested following a crash in Camden Road, Holloway.
The collision involved a Ford Transit and happened near the junction with Brecknock Road just after 6am.
Police and paramedics found the rider critically injured and he was pronounced dead at the scene soon after.
The woman believed to have been behind the wheel was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and was this morning being questioned at a north London police station.
The road is shut and cops are advising people to avoid the area.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone who witnessed the collision or has information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111,” a Scotland Yard spokeswoman said.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox