Cyclist killed in crash with Transit van in Camden Road, Holloway
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist in his 30s has died and a van driver has been arrested following a crash in Camden Road, Holloway.
The collision involved a Ford Transit and happened near the junction with Brecknock Road just after 6am.
Police and paramedics found the rider critically injured and he was pronounced dead at the scene soon after.
The woman believed to have been behind the wheel was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and was this morning being questioned at a north London police station.
The road is shut and cops are advising people to avoid the area.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone who witnessed the collision or has information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111,” a Scotland Yard spokeswoman said.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 10 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting