Cyclist killed in crash with Transit van in Camden Road, Holloway
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist in his 30s has died and a van driver has been arrested following a crash in Camden Road, Holloway.
The collision involved a Ford Transit and happened near the junction with Brecknock Road just after 6am.
Police and paramedics found the rider critically injured and he was pronounced dead at the scene soon after.
The woman believed to have been behind the wheel was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and was this morning being questioned at a north London police station.
The road is shut and cops are advising people to avoid the area.
“Anyone who witnessed the collision or has information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111,” a Scotland Yard spokeswoman said.
- 1 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 2 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 3 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 6 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 7 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 8 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op