Cyclist killed in crash with Transit van in Camden Road, Holloway
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist in his 30s has died and a van driver has been arrested following a crash in Camden Road, Holloway.
The collision involved a Ford Transit and happened near the junction with Brecknock Road just after 6am.
Police and paramedics found the rider critically injured and he was pronounced dead at the scene soon after.
The woman believed to have been behind the wheel was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and was this morning being questioned at a north London police station.
The road is shut and cops are advising people to avoid the area.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone who witnessed the collision or has information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111,” a Scotland Yard spokeswoman said.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital