Dad admits Highbury court assault on TV star was revenge
A MAN has pleaded guilty to attacking Shameless star Elliott Tittensor on the steps of an Islington court in retaliation for an incident which left his son with permanent eye injuries.
John Russell Flint, 47, assaulted the 21-year-old actor as he left Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court, in Holloway Road, after being fined for driving without insurance following the accident in Kentish Town last August
Tittensor, who plays Carl Gallagher in the Channel 4 show, was unhurt after being hauled to the ground outside the court in November last year.
Clare Mirza, prosecuting, said: “Mr Tittensor left the court after his hearing and a car pulled up outside on Holloway Road.
“Two males exited. Mr Tittensor appeared, and the defendant, having been waiting outside of court, threw a punch at Mr Tittensor.
You may also want to watch:
“There was a scuffle, whereby a number of police officers got involved, trying to restrain the defendant and protect the victim. During the scuffle the defendant was wrestled to the ground and arrested.”
The prosecutor said the defendant later admitted to police he had thrown a punch.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 8 Claudia Webbe: Labour calls for MP found guilty of harassment to resign
- 9 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 10 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
Flint, who has no fixed address, represented himself during the hearing. He said: “I apologise to the court. I just lost my temper. I saw his face smiling outside of the court.
“I’m not going to pay him one penny of compensation. I’ll pay the court but not him.”
During Tittensor’s hearing last year, the actor was ordered to pay �750 and was given six penalty points on his licence.
The accident left 18-year-old Oliver Flint in need of hospital treatment.