Dad admits Highbury court assault on TV star was revenge
A MAN has pleaded guilty to attacking Shameless star Elliott Tittensor on the steps of an Islington court in retaliation for an incident which left his son with permanent eye injuries.
John Russell Flint, 47, assaulted the 21-year-old actor as he left Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court, in Holloway Road, after being fined for driving without insurance following the accident in Kentish Town last August
Tittensor, who plays Carl Gallagher in the Channel 4 show, was unhurt after being hauled to the ground outside the court in November last year.
Clare Mirza, prosecuting, said: “Mr Tittensor left the court after his hearing and a car pulled up outside on Holloway Road.
“Two males exited. Mr Tittensor appeared, and the defendant, having been waiting outside of court, threw a punch at Mr Tittensor.
You may also want to watch:
“There was a scuffle, whereby a number of police officers got involved, trying to restrain the defendant and protect the victim. During the scuffle the defendant was wrestled to the ground and arrested.”
The prosecutor said the defendant later admitted to police he had thrown a punch.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Angel Comedy Club launches mockumentary series to save venue
- 10 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
Flint, who has no fixed address, represented himself during the hearing. He said: “I apologise to the court. I just lost my temper. I saw his face smiling outside of the court.
“I’m not going to pay him one penny of compensation. I’ll pay the court but not him.”
During Tittensor’s hearing last year, the actor was ordered to pay �750 and was given six penalty points on his licence.
The accident left 18-year-old Oliver Flint in need of hospital treatment.