‘Dangerous’ Islington man jailed for stabbing man in the arm
- Credit: Archant
An Islington man who attacked two men with a knife, stabbing one of them in the arm, has been jailed for 14 years.
Rochan Robinson, 20, of the Sutton Estate, off Upper Street, was sentenced at Wood Green Crown Court on Friday after pleading guilty to grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of an offensive weapon.
Robinson attacked the two men after a confrontation in the Sandlings Estate, Haringey, on September 26 last year. One of them was stabbed in the arm while the other escaped harm.
One of the victims, a 26-year-old man, had been helping out at a family member’s birthday party at a community centre on the estate earlier in the evening. Throughout the course of the evening a group of males attempted to gain entry to the party but were refused by the victim.
The victim, along with a friend, later went to look for the group. They found themselves surrounded by a large group. Robinson then appeared and lunged at both men with a knife. He stabbed the victim in the arm, and attempted to attack the second man before leaving the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Robinson was traced at his home in Islington two days later. He will serve a minimum of 10 years in prison.
Det Cons Rachel Lloyd, of Haringey CID, said: “Rochan Robinson is a dangerous and violent man who callously attacked two men with a knife, causing a significant injury to one of them.”
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 4 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 5 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 8 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 9 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 10 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up