Dartmouth Park killing: Man appears in court over death of Angela Best
- Credit: Archant
Theodore Johnson, 63, appeared at the Old Bailey this morning charged with murdering the 51-year-old last month.
Johnson, of Dartmouth Park Hill, was arrested last week after Ms Best was found unresponsive at an address on the same road shortly after 7.30pm on December 15 last year.
Police and paramedics attended but she was pronounced dead at the scene 20 minutes later.
A post-mortem examination was inconclusive.
Johnson appeared at Highbury Magistrates Court last Friday charged with murder before being remanded to the Old Bailey for a hearing today.
You may also want to watch:
His next appearance will be at the same court on March 31 for a plea hearing ahead of a provisional trial date of June 12.
Johnson was remanded in custody ahead of an appearance at the Old Bailey in March.
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 4 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 5 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 6 How much do you know about Islington?
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 10 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary