Dartmouth Park killing: Man appears in court over death of Angela Best
- Credit: Archant
Theodore Johnson, 63, appeared at the Old Bailey this morning charged with murdering the 51-year-old last month.
Johnson, of Dartmouth Park Hill, was arrested last week after Ms Best was found unresponsive at an address on the same road shortly after 7.30pm on December 15 last year.
Police and paramedics attended but she was pronounced dead at the scene 20 minutes later.
A post-mortem examination was inconclusive.
Johnson appeared at Highbury Magistrates Court last Friday charged with murder before being remanded to the Old Bailey for a hearing today.
You may also want to watch:
His next appearance will be at the same court on March 31 for a plea hearing ahead of a provisional trial date of June 12.
Johnson was remanded in custody ahead of an appearance at the Old Bailey in March.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story
- 10 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party