Dartmouth Park killing: Man appears in court over death of Angela Best
- Credit: Archant
Theodore Johnson, 63, appeared at the Old Bailey this morning charged with murdering the 51-year-old last month.
Johnson, of Dartmouth Park Hill, was arrested last week after Ms Best was found unresponsive at an address on the same road shortly after 7.30pm on December 15 last year.
Police and paramedics attended but she was pronounced dead at the scene 20 minutes later.
A post-mortem examination was inconclusive.
Johnson appeared at Highbury Magistrates Court last Friday charged with murder before being remanded to the Old Bailey for a hearing today.
You may also want to watch:
His next appearance will be at the same court on March 31 for a plea hearing ahead of a provisional trial date of June 12.
Johnson was remanded in custody ahead of an appearance at the Old Bailey in March.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 7 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Housing, LTN, Living Wage, child exploitation and charity shops
- 10 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run