Dawood killing: Arrest made after Hornsey Rise shooting
- Credit: Archant
A 29-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering David Robinson in Sunnyside Road, Hornsey Rise.
The man was arrested yesterday after attending a police station. He is currently in custody.
David, also known as Dawood, was shot on Saturday, August 20 at about 9pm. He was found injured by police and paramedics in a music studio, but died of the gunshot wounds in hospital three hours later.
Det Chief Insp Dave Whellams, who is leading the investigation, said: “We continue to appeal for witnesses and information following David’s death.
“At this stage we believe David was involved in an altercation that began inside the music studio. That altercation resulted in him being shot.
You may also want to watch:
“We know there were people in the area at the time, both inside and outside the venue, and would like to hear from anyone who saw or heard anything suspicious or who has any information about what happened.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3775. To give information anonymously, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 6 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 7 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 8 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 9 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
- 10 Cricks Corner café remains after Islington Council rejects house conversion