Dawood killing: Arrest made after Hornsey Rise shooting
- Credit: Archant
A 29-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering David Robinson in Sunnyside Road, Hornsey Rise.
The man was arrested yesterday after attending a police station. He is currently in custody.
David, also known as Dawood, was shot on Saturday, August 20 at about 9pm. He was found injured by police and paramedics in a music studio, but died of the gunshot wounds in hospital three hours later.
Det Chief Insp Dave Whellams, who is leading the investigation, said: “We continue to appeal for witnesses and information following David’s death.
“At this stage we believe David was involved in an altercation that began inside the music studio. That altercation resulted in him being shot.
You may also want to watch:
“We know there were people in the area at the time, both inside and outside the venue, and would like to hear from anyone who saw or heard anything suspicious or who has any information about what happened.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3775. To give information anonymously, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 4 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Letters: Holloway Prison site development
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder