Dawood murder: David Robinson ‘was shot in music studio row’ in Archway
- Credit: Archant
The man who died in an Archway shooting on Saturday has been named as 25-year-old David Robinson.
David, also known as Dawood, was shot in Sunnyside Road at about 9pm.
Police officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and found David, of Islington, inside a music studio suffering gunshot wounds.
He was taken to a hospital in east London but was pronounced dead at 12.10am on Sunday.
A post-mortem examination at the Whittington Hospital yesterday gave cause of death as gunshot wounds.
No arrests have been made. Detectives from the homicide and major crime command are investigating, led by Det Chief Insp Dave Whellams.
He said: “We continue to appeal for witnesses and information following David’s death. At this stage we believe David was involved in an altercation that began inside the music studio. That altercation resulted in him being shot.
- 1 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 2 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 5 West Hampstead man fatally stabbed in Ealing
- 6 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 7 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 8 Arteta's Arsenal plan coming together nicely
- 9 Finsbury Park man due in court charged with pub murder
- 10 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
“We know there were people in the area at the time, both inside and outside the venue, and would like to hear from anyone who saw or heard anything suspicious or who has any information about what happened.
“My team will be back at the scene from 9pm on Saturday, 27 August and are happy to talk to anyone there.”
Mary Skilling, 62, who lives on Sunnyside Road, said on Monday: “I heard screaming and shouting. It was terrible.
“You never see anything like this here. It’s such a quiet road.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or has any information, is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3775. To give information anonymously, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org