Dawood murder: Police ‘still hopeful of finding his killer’ one year after Sunnyside Road shooting
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the murder of David “Dawood” Robinson say they are still hopeful of finding his killer one year on.
No one has yet been charged over the shooting on August 20, 2016, which was believed to have stemmed from a fight in a music Studio in Sunnyside Road, Hornsey Rise.
But Det Sgt Gurj Singh of Scotland Yard’s murder squad said they are still pursuing leads.
“The investigation continues and there are other avenues we are following,” he told the Gazette, though he refused to elaborate when asked for more details.
Dawood, 25, was found dead in the studio at about 9pm and died in hospital in the early hours of the morning.
You may also want to watch:
One person was arrested on suspicion of murder but never charged.
Police believe there were people in the area and have called for witnesses to come forward. Anyone with information can call 101.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 9 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
- 10 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking