Dawood murder: Police ‘still hopeful of finding his killer’ one year after Sunnyside Road shooting
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the murder of David “Dawood” Robinson say they are still hopeful of finding his killer one year on.
No one has yet been charged over the shooting on August 20, 2016, which was believed to have stemmed from a fight in a music Studio in Sunnyside Road, Hornsey Rise.
But Det Sgt Gurj Singh of Scotland Yard’s murder squad said they are still pursuing leads.
“The investigation continues and there are other avenues we are following,” he told the Gazette, though he refused to elaborate when asked for more details.
Dawood, 25, was found dead in the studio at about 9pm and died in hospital in the early hours of the morning.
You may also want to watch:
One person was arrested on suspicion of murder but never charged.
Police believe there were people in the area and have called for witnesses to come forward. Anyone with information can call 101.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 5 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington