Dawood murder: Police ‘still hopeful of finding his killer’ one year after Sunnyside Road shooting
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the murder of David “Dawood” Robinson say they are still hopeful of finding his killer one year on.
No one has yet been charged over the shooting on August 20, 2016, which was believed to have stemmed from a fight in a music Studio in Sunnyside Road, Hornsey Rise.
But Det Sgt Gurj Singh of Scotland Yard’s murder squad said they are still pursuing leads.
“The investigation continues and there are other avenues we are following,” he told the Gazette, though he refused to elaborate when asked for more details.
Dawood, 25, was found dead in the studio at about 9pm and died in hospital in the early hours of the morning.
You may also want to watch:
One person was arrested on suspicion of murder but never charged.
Police believe there were people in the area and have called for witnesses to come forward. Anyone with information can call 101.
- 1 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 2 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 3 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 4 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 5 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 6 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 7 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 8 Islington charity choir smashes fundraising target with help from Brian Eno
- 9 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 10 Author inspired by Highbury for debut sci-fi novel about aliens