De Beauvoir man charged with possessing a gun
A MAN has been charged with possessing a gun with intent - despite having been banned from owning one already.
Andrew Apire, 20, of St Peter’s Way, De Beauvoir, appeared in court on Saturday, November 13, alongside a 23-year-old, a 19-year-old and another 20-year-old.
They were arrested after a car chase through Haringey, Barnet and Enfield involving the police helicopter and dogs unit.
The pursuit began in Bounds Green after police on routine patrol saw a group of men acting suspiciously and getting into a car on November 10.
It is alleged officers found a large amount of cannabis, two handguns and ammunition in the car.
You may also want to watch:
Ejiro Oluki, of Bounds Green Road, Bounds Green, and Mehmet Tolgay Cagali, 23, of Buxted Road, Hackney, are both charged with possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, and when prohibited for life.
Apire and Castro Paris, 20, a painter of Colvestone Crescent, Hackney, are both charged with possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, and when prohibited for five years.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
They all appeared at Highgate Magistrates’ Court and were remanded in custody to appear at Wood Green Crown Court on Friday, November 20.