De Beauvoir man charged with possessing a gun
A MAN has been charged with possessing a gun with intent - despite having been banned from owning one already.
Andrew Apire, 20, of St Peter’s Way, De Beauvoir, appeared in court on Saturday, November 13, alongside a 23-year-old, a 19-year-old and another 20-year-old.
They were arrested after a car chase through Haringey, Barnet and Enfield involving the police helicopter and dogs unit.
The pursuit began in Bounds Green after police on routine patrol saw a group of men acting suspiciously and getting into a car on November 10.
It is alleged officers found a large amount of cannabis, two handguns and ammunition in the car.
You may also want to watch:
Ejiro Oluki, of Bounds Green Road, Bounds Green, and Mehmet Tolgay Cagali, 23, of Buxted Road, Hackney, are both charged with possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, and when prohibited for life.
Apire and Castro Paris, 20, a painter of Colvestone Crescent, Hackney, are both charged with possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, and when prohibited for five years.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 10 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
They all appeared at Highgate Magistrates’ Court and were remanded in custody to appear at Wood Green Crown Court on Friday, November 20.