De Beauvoir man charged with possessing a gun
A MAN has been charged with possessing a gun with intent - despite having been banned from owning one already.
Andrew Apire, 20, of St Peter’s Way, De Beauvoir, appeared in court on Saturday, November 13, alongside a 23-year-old, a 19-year-old and another 20-year-old.
They were arrested after a car chase through Haringey, Barnet and Enfield involving the police helicopter and dogs unit.
The pursuit began in Bounds Green after police on routine patrol saw a group of men acting suspiciously and getting into a car on November 10.
It is alleged officers found a large amount of cannabis, two handguns and ammunition in the car.
Ejiro Oluki, of Bounds Green Road, Bounds Green, and Mehmet Tolgay Cagali, 23, of Buxted Road, Hackney, are both charged with possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, and when prohibited for life.
Apire and Castro Paris, 20, a painter of Colvestone Crescent, Hackney, are both charged with possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, and when prohibited for five years.
- 1 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 2 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 3 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 4 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 5 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 6 Call for fuel payment machines in Hackney and Islington
- 7 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
- 8 Pirates: Reggie Yates film shot in Angel gets release
- 9 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 10 Boy, 13, arrested after teenager stabbed in Canonbury
They all appeared at Highgate Magistrates’ Court and were remanded in custody to appear at Wood Green Crown Court on Friday, November 20.