De Beauvoir man charged with possessing a gun
A MAN has been charged with possessing a gun with intent - despite having been banned from owning one already.
Andrew Apire, 20, of St Peter’s Way, De Beauvoir, appeared in court on Saturday, November 13, alongside a 23-year-old, a 19-year-old and another 20-year-old.
They were arrested after a car chase through Haringey, Barnet and Enfield involving the police helicopter and dogs unit.
The pursuit began in Bounds Green after police on routine patrol saw a group of men acting suspiciously and getting into a car on November 10.
It is alleged officers found a large amount of cannabis, two handguns and ammunition in the car.
You may also want to watch:
Ejiro Oluki, of Bounds Green Road, Bounds Green, and Mehmet Tolgay Cagali, 23, of Buxted Road, Hackney, are both charged with possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, and when prohibited for life.
Apire and Castro Paris, 20, a painter of Colvestone Crescent, Hackney, are both charged with possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, and when prohibited for five years.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 7 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
- 10 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
They all appeared at Highgate Magistrates’ Court and were remanded in custody to appear at Wood Green Crown Court on Friday, November 20.