De Beauvoir woman denies murdering 91-year-old man
A DE BEAUVOIR woman has denied murdering a 91-year-old man.
Melanie Cole, 49, of Culford Road, off Southgate Road, will stand trial at the Old Bailey on August 8 accused of killing pensioner William Reilly.
Mr Reilly, a former builder, was found injured by his son at his home in Tower Gardens Road, Tottenham, on the evening of December 29.
He was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel where he died on January 6 as a result of his injuries.
A post mortem examination gave the cause of death as trauma to the head and pneumonia.
You may also want to watch:
Cole, of Culford Road, De Beauvoir, Islington, appeared at the Old Bailey on Monday (April 18) and was remanded in custody.
- 1 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury roundabout is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 4 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 9 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 10 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'