De Beauvoir woman denies murdering 91-year-old man
A DE BEAUVOIR woman has denied murdering a 91-year-old man.
Melanie Cole, 49, of Culford Road, off Southgate Road, will stand trial at the Old Bailey on August 8 accused of killing pensioner William Reilly.
Mr Reilly, a former builder, was found injured by his son at his home in Tower Gardens Road, Tottenham, on the evening of December 29.
He was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel where he died on January 6 as a result of his injuries.
A post mortem examination gave the cause of death as trauma to the head and pneumonia.
You may also want to watch:
Cole, of Culford Road, De Beauvoir, Islington, appeared at the Old Bailey on Monday (April 18) and was remanded in custody.
- 1 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 2 Can you help identify this man?
- 3 Shops, pubs and hairdressers reopen across Islington today
- 4 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 5 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 6 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 7 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 8 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 9 Shannon Courtenay crowned WBA Bantamweight World Champion
- 10 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway