Do you know this man? Police appeal after victim glassed in Old Street bar
- Credit: Archant
Do you know this man? Police launched an appeal for information this morning after a man was glassed in an Old Street bar.
The victim, in his 20s, sustained serious head injuries in the unprovoked attack.
On June 24, he was on a night out with pals at Golden Bee in Singer Street, on the Islington and Hackney border.
An altercation broke out, which the victim was not involved in. He had his back turned to the incident when an unknown man threw a glass at his head.
The victim was covered in blood and taken to hospital, where he needed stitches and glue to the wound.
You may also want to watch:
Cops believe the incident was part of a “larger violent disturbance” which began inside the bar and spread out into surrounding streets, and “will have been witnessed by many members of the public”.
Police believe the suspect in the photographs was part of a group attending a birthday celebration at the venue.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
He is described as a tall, slim, white man, with short brown hair and a short brown beard. He was wearing a short-sleeved white shirt, blue jeans, and dark-rimmed glasses.
Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8345 0257 or 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.