Do you know this man? Police appeal after victim glassed in Old Street bar
- Credit: Archant
Do you know this man? Police launched an appeal for information this morning after a man was glassed in an Old Street bar.
The victim, in his 20s, sustained serious head injuries in the unprovoked attack.
On June 24, he was on a night out with pals at Golden Bee in Singer Street, on the Islington and Hackney border.
An altercation broke out, which the victim was not involved in. He had his back turned to the incident when an unknown man threw a glass at his head.
The victim was covered in blood and taken to hospital, where he needed stitches and glue to the wound.
Cops believe the incident was part of a “larger violent disturbance” which began inside the bar and spread out into surrounding streets, and “will have been witnessed by many members of the public”.
Police believe the suspect in the photographs was part of a group attending a birthday celebration at the venue.
- 1 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 2 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 3 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 4 Islington shisha smuggler sentenced for £230,000 tax fraud
- 5 Call for fuel payment machines in Hackney and Islington
- 6 Cannabis sweets: the drugs danger that put 17 north London schoolgirls in hospital
- 7 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 8 Pirates: Reggie Yates film shot in Angel gets release
- 9 Boy, 13, arrested after teenager stabbed in Canonbury
- 10 Beloved father choked to death on cauliflower after Highgate Care Home 'neglect'
He is described as a tall, slim, white man, with short brown hair and a short brown beard. He was wearing a short-sleeved white shirt, blue jeans, and dark-rimmed glasses.
Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8345 0257 or 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.