Do you know this man? Police appeal after victim glassed in Old Street bar
- Credit: Archant
Do you know this man? Police launched an appeal for information this morning after a man was glassed in an Old Street bar.
The victim, in his 20s, sustained serious head injuries in the unprovoked attack.
On June 24, he was on a night out with pals at Golden Bee in Singer Street, on the Islington and Hackney border.
An altercation broke out, which the victim was not involved in. He had his back turned to the incident when an unknown man threw a glass at his head.
The victim was covered in blood and taken to hospital, where he needed stitches and glue to the wound.
You may also want to watch:
Cops believe the incident was part of a “larger violent disturbance” which began inside the bar and spread out into surrounding streets, and “will have been witnessed by many members of the public”.
Police believe the suspect in the photographs was part of a group attending a birthday celebration at the venue.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 8 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 9 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
He is described as a tall, slim, white man, with short brown hair and a short brown beard. He was wearing a short-sleeved white shirt, blue jeans, and dark-rimmed glasses.
Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8345 0257 or 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.