Dover Court Estate stabbing: Murder probe launched after man attacked in flat
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was fatally stabbed on the Dover Court Estate yesterday morning.
Police and medics were called to a flat in Westcliff House, between Baxter Road and Dove Road, just after 2am and took the 29-year-old victim to hospital, where he later died.
A 22-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder. She is in hospital with injuries not said to be life threatening.
A 53-year-old man has also been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender and is being questioned.
The man is yet to be formally identified but police notified his next of kin. A post mortem will now take place.
You may also want to watch:
Neighbour and former councillor Paula Belford lives near the flat where the man was stabbed and woke up when neighbours began shouting.
She told the Gazette: “I was lying in bed but heard a bit of shouting and it disturbed me. Fifteen minutes later I heard it again. Next thing I know the bedroom is lit up with blue lights.
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Walk with a map
- 7 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 8 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 9 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 10 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
“They bought someone out on a bed and then 45 minutes later they brought a lady down.
“The woman lives in the flat, I don’t know who the man was.”
Paula has lived on the estate for more than 30 years, and said there’s not usually violence.
“It’s generally quite a nice estate,” she continued. “Better than others in Islington. I’m just shocked that in this day and age everybody resolves issues with weapons and no one respects life.”
Det Ch Insp Dave Whellams said: “At this early stage, we know that a small group of people had gathered in a flat and that in the early hours of Monday morning a man received a number of stab wounds to the upper body.
“We are keen to trace all those present at the flat during the attack. Work is continuing to identify others involved and piece together the events that led up to this brutal murder.”
Anyone with information can call police on 0208 345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visitcrimestoppers-uk.org.
You can also tweet information to police via @MetCC.