Driver mounts curb to run over victim in Islington hit and run
- Credit: Archant
A driver mounted a curb in order to run over his victim in a hit and run attack.
On February 18 at 6.40pm, a white man in a silver car drove at a black man in Cloudsley Road, Islington, going on to the pavement in order to hit him and knock him to the ground.
The victim wasn’t seriously hurt, and spoke about the attack to a driving instructor who was giving a lesson nearby.
Police now want to trace the instructor, who was driving a dark, Corsa style car, and the woman he was giving a lesson to.
Det Supt Sian Newell said: ““We are very keen to speak to the driving instructor or the woman student as we know they were in the area at the time of the incident and ask for anyone else who may have witnessed this to contact police”.
You may also want to watch:
This hit and run is is being investigated by Islington CID.
Anyone with information can contact Det Supt Newell on 0207 421 0366 or call Crimestoppers Aaonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules