Driver mounts curb to run over victim in Islington hit and run
- Credit: Archant
A driver mounted a curb in order to run over his victim in a hit and run attack.
On February 18 at 6.40pm, a white man in a silver car drove at a black man in Cloudsley Road, Islington, going on to the pavement in order to hit him and knock him to the ground.
The victim wasn’t seriously hurt, and spoke about the attack to a driving instructor who was giving a lesson nearby.
Police now want to trace the instructor, who was driving a dark, Corsa style car, and the woman he was giving a lesson to.
Det Supt Sian Newell said: ““We are very keen to speak to the driving instructor or the woman student as we know they were in the area at the time of the incident and ask for anyone else who may have witnessed this to contact police”.
You may also want to watch:
This hit and run is is being investigated by Islington CID.
Anyone with information can contact Det Supt Newell on 0207 421 0366 or call Crimestoppers Aaonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 3 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 4 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 10 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants