Driver mounts curb to run over victim in Islington hit and run
- Credit: Archant
A driver mounted a curb in order to run over his victim in a hit and run attack.
On February 18 at 6.40pm, a white man in a silver car drove at a black man in Cloudsley Road, Islington, going on to the pavement in order to hit him and knock him to the ground.
The victim wasn’t seriously hurt, and spoke about the attack to a driving instructor who was giving a lesson nearby.
Police now want to trace the instructor, who was driving a dark, Corsa style car, and the woman he was giving a lesson to.
Det Supt Sian Newell said: ““We are very keen to speak to the driving instructor or the woman student as we know they were in the area at the time of the incident and ask for anyone else who may have witnessed this to contact police”.
You may also want to watch:
This hit and run is is being investigated by Islington CID.
Anyone with information can contact Det Supt Newell on 0207 421 0366 or call Crimestoppers Aaonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 6 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green