Driver mounts curb to run over victim in Islington hit and run
- Credit: Archant
A driver mounted a curb in order to run over his victim in a hit and run attack.
On February 18 at 6.40pm, a white man in a silver car drove at a black man in Cloudsley Road, Islington, going on to the pavement in order to hit him and knock him to the ground.
The victim wasn’t seriously hurt, and spoke about the attack to a driving instructor who was giving a lesson nearby.
Police now want to trace the instructor, who was driving a dark, Corsa style car, and the woman he was giving a lesson to.
Det Supt Sian Newell said: ““We are very keen to speak to the driving instructor or the woman student as we know they were in the area at the time of the incident and ask for anyone else who may have witnessed this to contact police”.
You may also want to watch:
This hit and run is is being investigated by Islington CID.
Anyone with information can contact Det Supt Newell on 0207 421 0366 or call Crimestoppers Aaonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 2 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 5 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 8 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 9 Can you help identify this man?
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub