Drug dealer and ‘prolific’ handler of stolen iPhones from Islington victims jailed
A drug dealer who “prolifically” handled stolen iPhones and laptops has been jailed.
Salah Karkar pleaded guilty to handling stolen goods, possession of cannabis with intent to supply, possession of cocaine and money laundering at Blackfriars Crown Court on May 3.
The 22-year-old of Cluse Court, Dame Street, Islington, has been imprisoned for three and a half years.
Det Con Phelim Redmond, from Islington Crime Squad, said: “Karkar is a prolific handler of stolen property who has shown a complete lack of remorse or sympathy for his victims throughout the investigation.”
Detectives raided his home in August discovering three laptops valued at �2,200, a Carerra bicycle stolen from Islington Green, an iPhone snatched from the Packington Estate, �900 in cash, 55 bags of cannabis and three wraps of cocaine.
You may also want to watch:
A second raid at an address linked to him in Thornhill Square, Islington, uncovered 20 iPhones, a further �300 cash, five pairs of designer sunglasses and five laptops.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 10 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes