Drug dealer and ‘prolific’ handler of stolen iPhones from Islington victims jailed
A drug dealer who “prolifically” handled stolen iPhones and laptops has been jailed.
Salah Karkar pleaded guilty to handling stolen goods, possession of cannabis with intent to supply, possession of cocaine and money laundering at Blackfriars Crown Court on May 3.
The 22-year-old of Cluse Court, Dame Street, Islington, has been imprisoned for three and a half years.
Det Con Phelim Redmond, from Islington Crime Squad, said: “Karkar is a prolific handler of stolen property who has shown a complete lack of remorse or sympathy for his victims throughout the investigation.”
Detectives raided his home in August discovering three laptops valued at �2,200, a Carerra bicycle stolen from Islington Green, an iPhone snatched from the Packington Estate, �900 in cash, 55 bags of cannabis and three wraps of cocaine.
A second raid at an address linked to him in Thornhill Square, Islington, uncovered 20 iPhones, a further �300 cash, five pairs of designer sunglasses and five laptops.
- 1 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 2 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 3 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 6 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 7 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 8 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op