Drug dealer and ‘prolific’ handler of stolen iPhones from Islington victims jailed
A drug dealer who “prolifically” handled stolen iPhones and laptops has been jailed.
Salah Karkar pleaded guilty to handling stolen goods, possession of cannabis with intent to supply, possession of cocaine and money laundering at Blackfriars Crown Court on May 3.
The 22-year-old of Cluse Court, Dame Street, Islington, has been imprisoned for three and a half years.
Det Con Phelim Redmond, from Islington Crime Squad, said: “Karkar is a prolific handler of stolen property who has shown a complete lack of remorse or sympathy for his victims throughout the investigation.”
Detectives raided his home in August discovering three laptops valued at �2,200, a Carerra bicycle stolen from Islington Green, an iPhone snatched from the Packington Estate, �900 in cash, 55 bags of cannabis and three wraps of cocaine.
You may also want to watch:
A second raid at an address linked to him in Thornhill Square, Islington, uncovered 20 iPhones, a further �300 cash, five pairs of designer sunglasses and five laptops.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 6 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 7 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'