Drug dealer and ‘prolific’ handler of stolen iPhones from Islington victims jailed
A drug dealer who “prolifically” handled stolen iPhones and laptops has been jailed.
Salah Karkar pleaded guilty to handling stolen goods, possession of cannabis with intent to supply, possession of cocaine and money laundering at Blackfriars Crown Court on May 3.
The 22-year-old of Cluse Court, Dame Street, Islington, has been imprisoned for three and a half years.
Det Con Phelim Redmond, from Islington Crime Squad, said: “Karkar is a prolific handler of stolen property who has shown a complete lack of remorse or sympathy for his victims throughout the investigation.”
Detectives raided his home in August discovering three laptops valued at �2,200, a Carerra bicycle stolen from Islington Green, an iPhone snatched from the Packington Estate, �900 in cash, 55 bags of cannabis and three wraps of cocaine.
You may also want to watch:
A second raid at an address linked to him in Thornhill Square, Islington, uncovered 20 iPhones, a further �300 cash, five pairs of designer sunglasses and five laptops.
- 1 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 2 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed
- 3 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 4 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Covid and NHS, LTNs and trees versus housing
- 9 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 10 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school