Former Met sergeant among eight charged in bribery investigation
- Credit: PA WIRE
Eight people, including a former Met sergeant, have been charged following an investigation into alleged inappropriate relationships between police officers and people running businesses.
Hassan Serdoud, 54, and Anna Ginandes, 44, both of Fellows Road in Belsize Park and Eamonn Mulholland, 54, of Florence Street, Islington are among those accused of conspiracy to commit bribery.
Mr Serdoud was also charged with bribery.
The Met said the arrests follow a long-running investigation into allegations of corruption by police licensing officers in Westminster and inappropriate relationships between police officers and people running local businesses.
A file was first passed to the Crown Prosecution Service in December 2017.
Five other people were also charged with conspiracy to commit bribery today (Wednesday, November 10).
They are former police sergeant Frank Partridge, 48, of Wing, Buckinghamshire; Ryan Bishti, 41, of Exhibition Road, South Kensington; Pamela Bishti, 66, of Outram Road, Croydon; Terry Neil, 55, of Kimbers Drive, Slough; and Soraya Henderson, 55, of Glenmore Close, Flackwell Heath.
- 1 'Let's avoid another lockdown': Warning for Islington to be cautious
- 2 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 3 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 4 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 5 Meet the Islington-based Rangers fans who are helping food banks
- 6 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 7 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 8 Moorfields patient receives world’s first 3D printed prosthetic eye
- 9 'No apology': Beloved Islington hedge sawn in half by council contractor
- 10 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
All eight are due to appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, December 21.