Essex Road incident: Police rule out terror as car ploughs into revellers
- Credit: Archant
Four people have been arrested after a car ploughed into revellers outside the Old Queen’s Head pub in Essex Road last night.
It happened just before 11pm. Police have ruled out terror four days after the Westminster incident.
The males, aged between 17 and 19, were arrested on suspicion of offences including grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of blades. They are all in custody.
The one female and two males hit by the car were taken to hospital but their injuries are not life threatening.
Road closures remained in place this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can call Islington Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years