Essex Road incident: Police rule out terror as car ploughs into revellers
- Credit: Archant
Four people have been arrested after a car ploughed into revellers outside the Old Queen’s Head pub in Essex Road last night.
It happened just before 11pm. Police have ruled out terror four days after the Westminster incident.
The males, aged between 17 and 19, were arrested on suspicion of offences including grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of blades. They are all in custody.
The one female and two males hit by the car were taken to hospital but their injuries are not life threatening.
Road closures remained in place this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can call Islington Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Housing, LTN, Living Wage, child exploitation and charity shops
- 7 Walk with a map
- 8 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 9 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 10 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman