Essex Road incident: Police rule out terror as car ploughs into revellers
- Credit: Archant
Four people have been arrested after a car ploughed into revellers outside the Old Queen’s Head pub in Essex Road last night.
It happened just before 11pm. Police have ruled out terror four days after the Westminster incident.
The males, aged between 17 and 19, were arrested on suspicion of offences including grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of blades. They are all in custody.
The one female and two males hit by the car were taken to hospital but their injuries are not life threatening.
Road closures remained in place this morning.
Anyone with information can call Islington Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 3 Poorer households in Islington could see council tax cut
- 4 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 5 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 6 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 7 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
- 8 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 9 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 10 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election