Evil sadist who fed kitten to python may be in Islington
A serial cat killer who fed a live kitten to a python while wearing a Santa hat could be at large in Islington.
Social networks and other websites have been buzzing with claims the horror video was made in the borough ever since it was posted on video portals such as YouTube, LiveLeak and Flix on Friday.
The sickening film – which is named Python Christmas and lasts seven minutes – depicts a man stroking a cat before callously shooing it towards a Burmese python hidden under a pillow.
The snake pounces and squeezes the animal to death before slowly swallowing it head-first, while the Christmas song Little Drummer Boy plays in the background.
One LiveLeak user posted: “As I live in Islington, I had to look at this video against my better judgement and I was sickened. I have forwarded all the details to Islington Police.”
You may also want to watch:
The footage was swiftly taken down from YouTube and LiveLeak on Friday – but not before it was watched by thousands and copied to other sites, where it can still be viewed.
The same person then posted a second horrific video at the weekend, showing a cat taped to a broom being plunged into a bath and drowned.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
One Gazette reader, who asked not to be named, said: “The twisted individual has threatened to post more ‘feeding’ videos. The web account was traced to Islington – this horrible individual lives and walks amongst the community.”
Another said: “The owner of the YouTube account where this was uploaded had a video up filmed around the Bank area of the City, so it is possible she does indeed live in Islington.”
The original YouTube poster was named Jasminethecat666 and their location was given as Islington.
Islington Police have been in contact with investigators at the RSPCA. The charity has been trawling the web and said there is intelligence suggesting the film might have been shot in Russia or the USA – but it has not ruled out the possibility it was made in Islington.
A spokesman said: “This sickening video clearly shows a cat being made to suffer unnecessarily, which is a crime carrying a maximum sentence of six months in prison and a �20,000 fine.
“If anyone has any information to suggest this happened in Islington, please come forward.”
Anyone with information can call the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999.