Ex-Islington Council social worker suspended for saying ‘British people are so lazy’
- Credit: Archant
A social worker for Islington Council has been suspended for a host of gaffes – including telling a colleague “British people are so lazy”.
The outbursts earnt Annia Elsesser a 12-month break from the Health and Care Professions Council register. The decision followed a review of a “conditions of practice order” she was given earlier this month.
In addition to a host of wildly inappropriate comments, Ms Elsesser gave a third party unauthorised access to confidential information.
She moaned “no wonder England is at the bottom of the heap, as no one wants to work” at the Bemerton Estate office. Ironically, she is the one who will not be working.
She also wrote in a dead person’s file: “A great deal of time wasted this morning trying to complete work on a deceased service user.”
You may also want to watch:
The panel said she had shown no signs of redeeming herself, having been given a year to stop the wise cracks.
She was not at the hearing.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 4 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets