Ex-Islington Council social worker suspended for saying ‘British people are so lazy’
- Credit: Archant
A social worker for Islington Council has been suspended for a host of gaffes – including telling a colleague “British people are so lazy”.
The outbursts earnt Annia Elsesser a 12-month break from the Health and Care Professions Council register. The decision followed a review of a “conditions of practice order” she was given earlier this month.
In addition to a host of wildly inappropriate comments, Ms Elsesser gave a third party unauthorised access to confidential information.
She moaned “no wonder England is at the bottom of the heap, as no one wants to work” at the Bemerton Estate office. Ironically, she is the one who will not be working.
She also wrote in a dead person’s file: “A great deal of time wasted this morning trying to complete work on a deceased service user.”
You may also want to watch:
The panel said she had shown no signs of redeeming herself, having been given a year to stop the wise cracks.
She was not at the hearing.
- 1 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 2 Can you help identify this man?
- 3 Shops, pubs and hairdressers reopen across Islington today
- 4 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 6 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 7 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 8 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 9 Shannon Courtenay crowned WBA Bantamweight World Champion
- 10 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway