Ex-Islington Council social worker suspended for saying ‘British people are so lazy’
- Credit: Archant
A social worker for Islington Council has been suspended for a host of gaffes – including telling a colleague “British people are so lazy”.
The outbursts earnt Annia Elsesser a 12-month break from the Health and Care Professions Council register. The decision followed a review of a “conditions of practice order” she was given earlier this month.
In addition to a host of wildly inappropriate comments, Ms Elsesser gave a third party unauthorised access to confidential information.
She moaned “no wonder England is at the bottom of the heap, as no one wants to work” at the Bemerton Estate office. Ironically, she is the one who will not be working.
She also wrote in a dead person’s file: “A great deal of time wasted this morning trying to complete work on a deceased service user.”
You may also want to watch:
The panel said she had shown no signs of redeeming herself, having been given a year to stop the wise cracks.
She was not at the hearing.
- 1 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 6 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale