Ex-Islington Council social worker suspended for saying ‘British people are so lazy’
- Credit: Archant
A social worker for Islington Council has been suspended for a host of gaffes – including telling a colleague “British people are so lazy”.
The outbursts earnt Annia Elsesser a 12-month break from the Health and Care Professions Council register. The decision followed a review of a “conditions of practice order” she was given earlier this month.
In addition to a host of wildly inappropriate comments, Ms Elsesser gave a third party unauthorised access to confidential information.
She moaned “no wonder England is at the bottom of the heap, as no one wants to work” at the Bemerton Estate office. Ironically, she is the one who will not be working.
She also wrote in a dead person’s file: “A great deal of time wasted this morning trying to complete work on a deceased service user.”
You may also want to watch:
The panel said she had shown no signs of redeeming herself, having been given a year to stop the wise cracks.
She was not at the hearing.
- 1 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury roundabout is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 4 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 9 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 10 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'