Man dies after Essex Road daylight stabbing
- Credit: Met Police
A man, thought to be in his 50s, has died after being found with a stab wound in Essex Road.
The Met Police was called at 5.30pm on Saturday, May 29 to reports of an injured man.
Officers found the victim suffering from a stab wound and provided first aid.
Despite their efforts, and those of the London Ambulance Service, the man was pronounced dead at the scene at just before 6pm.
His next of kin have been informed, but formal identification has yet to take place.
A post-mortem examination will be held in due course and detectives from the Specialist Crime Command have been informed.
- 1 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 2 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 3 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 4 Covid patients in north London hospitals with Plan B rules set to lift
- 5 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 6 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 7 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 8 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 9 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 10 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
A crime scene remains in place on Saturday evening.
There have been no arrests.
Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 5562/29May. To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.