Man dies after Essex Road daylight stabbing
- Credit: Met Police
A man, thought to be in his 50s, has died after being found with a stab wound in Essex Road.
The Met Police was called at 5.30pm on Saturday, May 29 to reports of an injured man.
Officers found the victim suffering from a stab wound and provided first aid.
Despite their efforts, and those of the London Ambulance Service, the man was pronounced dead at the scene at just before 6pm.
His next of kin have been informed, but formal identification has yet to take place.
A post-mortem examination will be held in due course and detectives from the Specialist Crime Command have been informed.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 10 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
A crime scene remains in place on Saturday evening.
There have been no arrests.
Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 5562/29May. To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.