Father of 20-year-old stabbed to death in Holloway calls for “justice” amid three arrests

Mohamed Abdullahi was stabbed to death in Holloway

Mohamed Abdullahi was stabbed to death in Holloway - Credit: Archant

The “heartbroken” father of a young man stabbed to death in the middle of a Holloway street has called for justice after three suspects were last night arrested over the brutal killing.

Mohamed Abdullahi was knifed in York Way outside Aspendos Bar and Grill in the early hours of Saturday morning in what is thought to be a gang-related attack.

Horrified witnesses described watching paramedics try to revive the 20-year-old in the street before being stretchered into the back of an ambulance.

Speaking from the family home in Montpelier Grove, Kentish Town, distraught father Aydaius, 48, spoke of the family’s shock.

He said: “We are heartbroken that this could happen just like any other parents would be.

“We are also looking for justice. It’s very sad and tragic, but the truth will come out. I hope those who have done this will be brought to justice.

“You see these kind of crimes on the TV but you just never think it would happen to your own son.

Most Read

“There is a problem with this kind of thing. Too many young people are walking around with knives.”

The call for justice comes after two 19-year-old men and an 18-year-old woman were last night arrested after police launched a murder investigation.

A witness told the Gazette Mohamed had been eating with two friends in Aspendos Bar and Grill before going outside alone for some fresh air.

He was then stabbed when at least two people confronted him before his friends then rushed outside to find Mohamed blood-soaked on the floor.

A post-mortem examination on Saturday at the Whittington Hospital found his of death had been caused by a number of stab wounds.

Witnesses described frantic scenes as the emergency services cordoned off the street shortly after the stabbing just before 1am.

Vincent Cardon, who works in the nearby The Unicorn pub, said: “There must have been about four or five police cars and there was this guy just lying in the street.

“You could see they were trying to revive him and then they put him in a stretcher and carried him to the ambulance. But the ambulance sat there for about 20 minutes before it turned its blue lights off and that must have been the moment they realised he was dead.”

Ali Gull, manager at Pizza Direct opposite the stab scene told how the cordon stayed in place until the following morning. Floral tributes have been laid by wellwishers at the scene.

Police continue to call for witnesses. Det Con Insp Matt Bonner said: “We believe this to have been a targeted attack on the victim.

“I need to hear from anyone who saw a group of three or four males near to Aspendos Bar and Grill in York Way close to the junction with Camden Road, at around 00.45am.”

Witnesses should call the incident room on 020 8358 0200 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.