Fears grow for pensioner with dementia, 82, who went missing from Highbury in bare feet
- Credit: Archant
Fears are growing for the safety of an 82-year woman who went missing in bare feet in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
Maria Andreou, who suffers Alzheimer’s and Dementia, was last seen in Highbury Quadrant, Highbury, at about 4am on August 20.
She is white, slim, about 4 ft 10 ins tall, with grey hair and wearing blue trousers and a white or cream short-sleeved turtle neck-top.
Police say she is either barefoot, or wearing maroon slippers with bows on them and a black jacket.
The charity Missing People has issued posters of Ms Andreou with the message: “Maria we are here for you whenever you are ready; we can listen, talk you through what help you need, pass a message for you and help you to be safe.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information on her whereabouts can call Islington Missing Persons Unit on 0207 421 0391, 101, or Missing People on 116000 quoting Merlin 14MIS029641 or CAD 1357/20AUG14.
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 3 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 4 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 5 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 6 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 7 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 10 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown