Fears grow for pensioner with dementia, 82, who went missing from Highbury in bare feet
- Credit: Archant
Fears are growing for the safety of an 82-year woman who went missing in bare feet in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
Maria Andreou, who suffers Alzheimer’s and Dementia, was last seen in Highbury Quadrant, Highbury, at about 4am on August 20.
She is white, slim, about 4 ft 10 ins tall, with grey hair and wearing blue trousers and a white or cream short-sleeved turtle neck-top.
Police say she is either barefoot, or wearing maroon slippers with bows on them and a black jacket.
The charity Missing People has issued posters of Ms Andreou with the message: “Maria we are here for you whenever you are ready; we can listen, talk you through what help you need, pass a message for you and help you to be safe.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information on her whereabouts can call Islington Missing Persons Unit on 0207 421 0391, 101, or Missing People on 116000 quoting Merlin 14MIS029641 or CAD 1357/20AUG14.
- 1 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury roundabout is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 4 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 9 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 10 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'