Finsbury Park family’s appeal following burglary
- Credit: Archant
A family has appealed for help catching the burglars who raided their home while they slept.
Yvonne and son Andrew Naylor were in bed upstairs when thieves broke into their home in Vivian Comma Close, off Blackstock Road, Finsbury Park, and stole jewellery, cash and computers in the early hours of Saturday.
Ms Naylor’s other son Ricky, 35, works nights at a warehouse and arrived home to find the place ransacked.
He said: “I came home at 10am and found the door wide open.
“I screamed for my mum and brother and I started panicking because it was a while before they answered. I thought the worst.
“My mum and brother both have learning disabilities and they’re very trusting. They are struggling to sleep now and it’s left them feeling frightened.
“I’m the one who looks after them, ever since my father passed away in 2008, but I wasn’t here to do anything.” Mr Naylor is appealing for anyone who may have information to help police catch the culprits.
- 1 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 2 Plea date set for man accused of Sabita Thanwani killing
- 3 Call to get vaccinated amid Covid surge
- 4 International food festival coming to Islington this month
- 5 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 6 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 7 'Mistrust and fear' of services fuelling Islington BAME employment gap, research finds
- 8 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 9 Young stars of the design world celebrated at awards
- 10 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
Call Islington Police’s burglary squad on 020 7421 0150 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.