Finsbury Park family’s appeal following burglary
- Credit: Archant
A family has appealed for help catching the burglars who raided their home while they slept.
Yvonne and son Andrew Naylor were in bed upstairs when thieves broke into their home in Vivian Comma Close, off Blackstock Road, Finsbury Park, and stole jewellery, cash and computers in the early hours of Saturday.
Ms Naylor’s other son Ricky, 35, works nights at a warehouse and arrived home to find the place ransacked.
He said: “I came home at 10am and found the door wide open.
“I screamed for my mum and brother and I started panicking because it was a while before they answered. I thought the worst.
You may also want to watch:
“My mum and brother both have learning disabilities and they’re very trusting. They are struggling to sleep now and it’s left them feeling frightened.
“I’m the one who looks after them, ever since my father passed away in 2008, but I wasn’t here to do anything.” Mr Naylor is appealing for anyone who may have information to help police catch the culprits.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 9 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 10 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
Call Islington Police’s burglary squad on 020 7421 0150 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.