Finsbury Park family’s appeal following burglary
- Credit: Archant
A family has appealed for help catching the burglars who raided their home while they slept.
Yvonne and son Andrew Naylor were in bed upstairs when thieves broke into their home in Vivian Comma Close, off Blackstock Road, Finsbury Park, and stole jewellery, cash and computers in the early hours of Saturday.
Ms Naylor’s other son Ricky, 35, works nights at a warehouse and arrived home to find the place ransacked.
He said: “I came home at 10am and found the door wide open.
“I screamed for my mum and brother and I started panicking because it was a while before they answered. I thought the worst.
You may also want to watch:
“My mum and brother both have learning disabilities and they’re very trusting. They are struggling to sleep now and it’s left them feeling frightened.
“I’m the one who looks after them, ever since my father passed away in 2008, but I wasn’t here to do anything.” Mr Naylor is appealing for anyone who may have information to help police catch the culprits.
- 1 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 2 Can you help identify this man?
- 3 Shops, pubs and hairdressers reopen across Islington today
- 4 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 5 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Shannon Courtenay crowned WBA Bantamweight World Champion
- 7 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 8 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 9 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 10 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway
Call Islington Police’s burglary squad on 020 7421 0150 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.