Finsbury Park paedo on the loose
A paedophile from Finsbury Park is on the run after failing to turn up for his last day in court.
John Radley, 56, from Green Lanes, was found guilty of 13 sex offences against male and female children on Tuesday (May 8).
But he never heard the jury’s verdict at Swindon Crown Court because he absconded while on bail before the final day of the trial.
Police have searched his Green Lanes address but with no luck and have now circulated his details to the police nationally to stop him getting away.
Officers are also working with those involved, all now adults, to make sure they have support.
You may also want to watch:
Police constable Lizzie Porter, from the Child Abuse Investigation Team, said: “While this man committed some appalling offences, for which he will be sentenced appropriately, we do not believe he is an immediate threat to the public but we do need to find him.
“It is not clear where else he may have travelled but he is not believed to have access to a car.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 7 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 8 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 9 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules
- 10 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
“While our enquiries continue, including liaison with other forces, we are appealing both directly to John himself or anyone who knows where he or could be to contact the police.
“Alternatively people can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 where information can be left anonymously if they wish.”
Radley was found guilty of 10 counts of sexual activity with a boy, two counts of sexual assault on a girl, attempted rape, committing gross indecency with a child and two counts of indecent assult on a female and was found not guilty of causing a girl to engage in sexual activity.
He will be sentenced on May 22.