Finsbury Park paedo on the loose
A paedophile from Finsbury Park is on the run after failing to turn up for his last day in court.
John Radley, 56, from Green Lanes, was found guilty of 13 sex offences against male and female children on Tuesday (May 8).
But he never heard the jury’s verdict at Swindon Crown Court because he absconded while on bail before the final day of the trial.
Police have searched his Green Lanes address but with no luck and have now circulated his details to the police nationally to stop him getting away.
Officers are also working with those involved, all now adults, to make sure they have support.
You may also want to watch:
Police constable Lizzie Porter, from the Child Abuse Investigation Team, said: “While this man committed some appalling offences, for which he will be sentenced appropriately, we do not believe he is an immediate threat to the public but we do need to find him.
“It is not clear where else he may have travelled but he is not believed to have access to a car.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 10 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
“While our enquiries continue, including liaison with other forces, we are appealing both directly to John himself or anyone who knows where he or could be to contact the police.
“Alternatively people can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 where information can be left anonymously if they wish.”
Radley was found guilty of 10 counts of sexual activity with a boy, two counts of sexual assault on a girl, attempted rape, committing gross indecency with a child and two counts of indecent assult on a female and was found not guilty of causing a girl to engage in sexual activity.
He will be sentenced on May 22.