Finsbury Park paedo on the loose
A paedophile from Finsbury Park is on the run after failing to turn up for his last day in court.
John Radley, 56, from Green Lanes, was found guilty of 13 sex offences against male and female children on Tuesday (May 8).
But he never heard the jury’s verdict at Swindon Crown Court because he absconded while on bail before the final day of the trial.
Police have searched his Green Lanes address but with no luck and have now circulated his details to the police nationally to stop him getting away.
Officers are also working with those involved, all now adults, to make sure they have support.
You may also want to watch:
Police constable Lizzie Porter, from the Child Abuse Investigation Team, said: “While this man committed some appalling offences, for which he will be sentenced appropriately, we do not believe he is an immediate threat to the public but we do need to find him.
“It is not clear where else he may have travelled but he is not believed to have access to a car.
- 1 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 2 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 3 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 6 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 7 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 8 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 9 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
“While our enquiries continue, including liaison with other forces, we are appealing both directly to John himself or anyone who knows where he or could be to contact the police.
“Alternatively people can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 where information can be left anonymously if they wish.”
Radley was found guilty of 10 counts of sexual activity with a boy, two counts of sexual assault on a girl, attempted rape, committing gross indecency with a child and two counts of indecent assult on a female and was found not guilty of causing a girl to engage in sexual activity.
He will be sentenced on May 22.