Finsbury Park stabbing: Two men in hospital after attack near station
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Two men are in hospital after being stabbed near Finsbury Park station last night.
Police and medics were called at 7.15pm to reports of a group of men fighting. The two victims, both in their 20s, had made their way into nearby shops for help and were then taken to hospital.
Scotland Yard said they are both stable and their injuries are not life-threatening.
No arrests have been made and “multiple crime scenes” remain in the place this morning, with a big police presence around the station.
Fans at the Emirates for Arsenal’s Europa League tie with BATE Borisov, which kicked off at 5.55pm, were told to avoid the station after the match.
You may also want to watch:
Islington Council’s crime chief Cllr Andy Hull took to Twitter to comment on the incident. He said: “Concerned to learn of reports of a stabbing around Finsbury Park station this evening. @IslingtonBC colleagues are liaising closely with @MPSIslington.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has footage can contact Central North Command Unit on 101 quoting 6675/23FEB, tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents