Finsbury Park stabbing: Two men in hospital after attack near station
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Two men are in hospital after being stabbed near Finsbury Park station last night.
Police and medics were called at 7.15pm to reports of a group of men fighting. The two victims, both in their 20s, had made their way into nearby shops for help and were then taken to hospital.
Scotland Yard said they are both stable and their injuries are not life-threatening.
No arrests have been made and “multiple crime scenes” remain in the place this morning, with a big police presence around the station.
Fans at the Emirates for Arsenal’s Europa League tie with BATE Borisov, which kicked off at 5.55pm, were told to avoid the station after the match.
You may also want to watch:
Islington Council’s crime chief Cllr Andy Hull took to Twitter to comment on the incident. He said: “Concerned to learn of reports of a stabbing around Finsbury Park station this evening. @IslingtonBC colleagues are liaising closely with @MPSIslington.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has footage can contact Central North Command Unit on 101 quoting 6675/23FEB, tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 2 Can you help identify this man?
- 3 Shops, pubs and hairdressers reopen across Islington today
- 4 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 5 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 7 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 8 Shannon Courtenay crowned WBA Bantamweight World Champion
- 9 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 10 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway