Finsbury Park station crash: Two moped riders injured in police chase
- Credit: Archant
Two moped riders were injured in a police chase this morning after crashing outside Finsbury Park station in Seven Sisters Road.
The incident happened near the junction with St Thomas’s Road at about 3.45am.
A Met spokesperson said the vehicle had failed to stop for police.
The male rider of the moped and female pillion, both believed to be aged 18, are in hospital. There have been no updates about their current condition.
The section of road remains closed off and pictures from the cordoned scene this morning show an overturned moped with a helmet, clothes and shoes strewn over the pavement.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the case has been referred to the Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards and the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC). This is a standard procedure.
An IOPC spokesman said: “Following a referral from the Metropolitan Police, we have begun an independent investigation into a collision involving a moped in north London in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 6 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
“We have been informed that the moped had failed to stop for the police prior to colliding with another vehicle. We have sent our investigators to the scene and to a police station to obtain initial accounts from the officers involved.”
Did you see the incident or aftermath? Call the Gazette newsdesk on 020 7433 0121.