Finsbury Park zookeeper savaged by wild gang
A ZOOKEEPER was viciously attacked by a gang of thugs as he waited for a lift to work.
Police were called at 7.25am on Friday to reports of a man robbed and assaulted in Corbyn Street, Finsbury Park.
The 45-year-old victim was waiting for a lift from a colleague at 7.25am on Friday when he saw four men walking towards him.
He decided to cross the road to avoid them but they gave chase and cornered him. The victim fell to the ground before they set on him like a pack of wild animals, kicking and punching him repeatedly.
The gang ripped his laptop bag and phone from his grasp and eventually ran off towards Bracey street.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was given first aid by paramedics before police drove him round the area in search of the thugs who attacked him, but no-one was found.
A poster on local forum StroudGreen.org said: “A friend was brutally mugged between Thorpedale Road and Corbyn Street at 7.20am this morning. Apparently the police said it is becoming increasingly common for muggers to target those who go to work in the early morning as they are more likely to be carrying valuables/laptops etc.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 6 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 7 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story
“It was a truly terrifying attack. My friend managed to lock herself in her car, but her friend, approaching on foot, was caught, beaten to a pulp and hospitalised. Please be extra vigilant.”
Police are hunting four men in connection with the incident.
One is black and about 6ft tall, another is white and about 5ft 9ins tall, while the other two are or Mediterranean appearance. All wore hats or hoods to disguise themselves.