Finsbury Park zookeeper savaged by wild gang
A ZOOKEEPER was viciously attacked by a gang of thugs as he waited for a lift to work.
Police were called at 7.25am on Friday to reports of a man robbed and assaulted in Corbyn Street, Finsbury Park.
The 45-year-old victim was waiting for a lift from a colleague at 7.25am on Friday when he saw four men walking towards him.
He decided to cross the road to avoid them but they gave chase and cornered him. The victim fell to the ground before they set on him like a pack of wild animals, kicking and punching him repeatedly.
The gang ripped his laptop bag and phone from his grasp and eventually ran off towards Bracey street.
The victim was given first aid by paramedics before police drove him round the area in search of the thugs who attacked him, but no-one was found.
A poster on local forum StroudGreen.org said: “A friend was brutally mugged between Thorpedale Road and Corbyn Street at 7.20am this morning. Apparently the police said it is becoming increasingly common for muggers to target those who go to work in the early morning as they are more likely to be carrying valuables/laptops etc.
- 1 Layout of new LTN around Upper Street revealed
- 2 CCTV: Footage of man sought by officers investigating sexual assault
- 3 Islington school praised for celebrating 'difference and diversity'
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Islington's Tory councillor calls for LTNs to be scrapped
- 6 Reclaim the Night: Women demand end to gendered violence in north London
- 7 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 8 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 9 Islington Council remains tight-lipped over new LTN around Upper Street
- 10 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
“It was a truly terrifying attack. My friend managed to lock herself in her car, but her friend, approaching on foot, was caught, beaten to a pulp and hospitalised. Please be extra vigilant.”
Police are hunting four men in connection with the incident.
One is black and about 6ft tall, another is white and about 5ft 9ins tall, while the other two are or Mediterranean appearance. All wore hats or hoods to disguise themselves.