Finsbury Park zookeeper savaged by wild gang
A ZOOKEEPER was viciously attacked by a gang of thugs as he waited for a lift to work.
Police were called at 7.25am on Friday to reports of a man robbed and assaulted in Corbyn Street, Finsbury Park.
The 45-year-old victim was waiting for a lift from a colleague at 7.25am on Friday when he saw four men walking towards him.
He decided to cross the road to avoid them but they gave chase and cornered him. The victim fell to the ground before they set on him like a pack of wild animals, kicking and punching him repeatedly.
The gang ripped his laptop bag and phone from his grasp and eventually ran off towards Bracey street.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was given first aid by paramedics before police drove him round the area in search of the thugs who attacked him, but no-one was found.
A poster on local forum StroudGreen.org said: “A friend was brutally mugged between Thorpedale Road and Corbyn Street at 7.20am this morning. Apparently the police said it is becoming increasingly common for muggers to target those who go to work in the early morning as they are more likely to be carrying valuables/laptops etc.
- 1 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 2 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 5 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 8 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 9 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
“It was a truly terrifying attack. My friend managed to lock herself in her car, but her friend, approaching on foot, was caught, beaten to a pulp and hospitalised. Please be extra vigilant.”
Police are hunting four men in connection with the incident.
One is black and about 6ft tall, another is white and about 5ft 9ins tall, while the other two are or Mediterranean appearance. All wore hats or hoods to disguise themselves.