First female police chief of Islington sworn in
- Credit: Archant
New borough commander named as Ch Supt Gerry Campbell leaves post
A new police chief will be Islington’s first female borough commander.
Ch Supt Catherine Roper took over control of the borough’s police force from Gerry Campbell on Monday morning.
She joined the Met in 2000, and has spent at least two years in specialist protection (SO1), where she was part of a team providing armed personal protection services for ministers, and public officials at threat from terrorism, including visiting heads of government and other public figures.
Speaking on a Metropolitan Police career video, she said: “In terms of what motivates and inspires me to do the job every day I’d say its
You may also want to watch:
“One is delivering a quality product for the people of London and for all the different people I work with is incredibly important to me. And I constantly strive to improve the standards and make sure that I also facilitate myself to be able to also deliver a quality product.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 6 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
“I think the other part that inspires me is that actually, I work with some incredible people.”