Five arrested in murder probe after man found dead in Islington flat
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested five people this morning in connection with the investigation into the murder of Mehmet Hassan.
Four men aged 28, 30, 27 and 24 years, were arrested on suspicion of murder at addresses in east and south London. A 24-year-old woman was also arrested on suspicion of murder at an address in Gillingham, Kent.
All five suspects remain in police custody at police stations across London.
Officers attended a property in Baxter Road at approximately 8.40pm on Monday after relatives contacted police to express concern for the welfare of Mr Hassan, 56.
When police forced entry to the property, a man was found dead inside the address.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination took place on Wednesday at Whittington mortuary, which gave the cause of death as neck and chest injuries.
Detectives believe the victim, a father-of-three, had been assaulted inside the address.
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Housing, LTN, Living Wage, child exploitation and charity shops
- 7 Walk with a map
- 8 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 9 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 10 Can you help identify this man?
An incident room has opened under Detective Chief Inspector Andy Partridge, of the Homicide and Major Crime Command.
He said: “I would like to appeal to anyone who has seen any activity in and around this address to make contact with my officers. In particular I would like help from the public who can assist with the movements of the victim between 19.30hrs on Sunday (23 March) and shortly before police found the victim on Monday.”
The incident room can be contacted on 020 8358 0300.