Five arrests in Stefan Appleton murder investigation
- Credit: Archant
Police locate moped used for getaway after horrific stabbing in Canonbury
Five teenagers have been arrested in connection with the murder of 18-year-old Stefan Appleton.
Two 16-year-old boys have been arrested on suspicion of murder, the first yesterday and a second at an address in Holloway in the early hours of today. Both are currently in custody at a north London police station.
Three other 16-year-olds boys were arrested at the same address in Holloway on suspicion of robbery and attempting to pervert the course of justice. They currently remain in custody at an east London police station.
Stefan was stabbed several times with a machete at Nightingale Park in Canonbury on Wednesday, before his attacker made off on the back of a moped.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives previously appealed to trace the whereabouts of the moped using an image from CCTV of the scene. The vehicle has now been located.
A post-mortem examination to place on Friday, 12 June, at Poplar Mortuary and gave the cause of death as shock and haemorrhage, and a stab wound to the chest.
- 1 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 2 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 7 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 8 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 9 Can you help identify this man?
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
Anyone who witnessed the incident or anyone with any information are asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3734 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.