Five arrests in Stefan Appleton murder investigation
- Credit: Archant
Police locate moped used for getaway after horrific stabbing in Canonbury
Five teenagers have been arrested in connection with the murder of 18-year-old Stefan Appleton.
Two 16-year-old boys have been arrested on suspicion of murder, the first yesterday and a second at an address in Holloway in the early hours of today. Both are currently in custody at a north London police station.
Three other 16-year-olds boys were arrested at the same address in Holloway on suspicion of robbery and attempting to pervert the course of justice. They currently remain in custody at an east London police station.
Stefan was stabbed several times with a machete at Nightingale Park in Canonbury on Wednesday, before his attacker made off on the back of a moped.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives previously appealed to trace the whereabouts of the moped using an image from CCTV of the scene. The vehicle has now been located.
A post-mortem examination to place on Friday, 12 June, at Poplar Mortuary and gave the cause of death as shock and haemorrhage, and a stab wound to the chest.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 3 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 4 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 5 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 6 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 7 Islington charity choir smashes fundraising target with help from Brian Eno
- 8 Spot tiny art 'gems' along The Parkland Walk
- 9 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 10 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
Anyone who witnessed the incident or anyone with any information are asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3734 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.