Five arrests in Stefan Appleton murder investigation
- Credit: Archant
Police locate moped used for getaway after horrific stabbing in Canonbury
Five teenagers have been arrested in connection with the murder of 18-year-old Stefan Appleton.
Two 16-year-old boys have been arrested on suspicion of murder, the first yesterday and a second at an address in Holloway in the early hours of today. Both are currently in custody at a north London police station.
Three other 16-year-olds boys were arrested at the same address in Holloway on suspicion of robbery and attempting to pervert the course of justice. They currently remain in custody at an east London police station.
Stefan was stabbed several times with a machete at Nightingale Park in Canonbury on Wednesday, before his attacker made off on the back of a moped.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives previously appealed to trace the whereabouts of the moped using an image from CCTV of the scene. The vehicle has now been located.
A post-mortem examination to place on Friday, 12 June, at Poplar Mortuary and gave the cause of death as shock and haemorrhage, and a stab wound to the chest.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 7 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story
Anyone who witnessed the incident or anyone with any information are asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3734 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.