Five arrests in Stefan Appleton murder investigation
- Credit: Archant
Police locate moped used for getaway after horrific stabbing in Canonbury
Five teenagers have been arrested in connection with the murder of 18-year-old Stefan Appleton.
Two 16-year-old boys have been arrested on suspicion of murder, the first yesterday and a second at an address in Holloway in the early hours of today. Both are currently in custody at a north London police station.
Three other 16-year-olds boys were arrested at the same address in Holloway on suspicion of robbery and attempting to pervert the course of justice. They currently remain in custody at an east London police station.
Stefan was stabbed several times with a machete at Nightingale Park in Canonbury on Wednesday, before his attacker made off on the back of a moped.
Detectives previously appealed to trace the whereabouts of the moped using an image from CCTV of the scene. The vehicle has now been located.
A post-mortem examination to place on Friday, 12 June, at Poplar Mortuary and gave the cause of death as shock and haemorrhage, and a stab wound to the chest.
- 1 When the Arsenal team had tea with the Queen in Buckingham Palace
- 2 Missing: 29-year-old Islington woman found 'safe and well'
- 3 New cabinet announced for Islington Council
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 6 Appeal hearing of MP Claudia Webbe gets under way
- 7 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 8 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 9 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 10 Gunners pub back open for Premier League climax
Anyone who witnessed the incident or anyone with any information are asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3734 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.