Five held in Islington after Louis Vuitton scooter smash
- Credit: Archant
Five men have been arrested following a smash and grab raid on a high-end designer bag shop earlier today (Thursday).
Police were called at about 1:30am to reports of a burglary at a Louis Vuitton store – where bags can sell for up to £15,000 – in Sloane Street, Chelsea.
Evidence suggests suspects in a grey Mazda and on two scooters broke through the door and made off with a number of items, including bags for which the designer is best known.
Flying squad detectives later arrested five men, aged between 20 and 30, in Islington on suspicion of burglary.
They also recovered belts, bags and purses.
You may also want to watch:
All the men are in custody at north London police stations.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington