Five held in Islington after Louis Vuitton scooter smash
- Credit: Archant
Five men have been arrested following a smash and grab raid on a high-end designer bag shop earlier today (Thursday).
Police were called at about 1:30am to reports of a burglary at a Louis Vuitton store – where bags can sell for up to £15,000 – in Sloane Street, Chelsea.
Evidence suggests suspects in a grey Mazda and on two scooters broke through the door and made off with a number of items, including bags for which the designer is best known.
Flying squad detectives later arrested five men, aged between 20 and 30, in Islington on suspicion of burglary.
They also recovered belts, bags and purses.
You may also want to watch:
All the men are in custody at north London police stations.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 6 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 7 Statue in Noel-Baker Peace Garden replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 8 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 9 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week