Five held in Islington after Louis Vuitton scooter smash
- Credit: Archant
Five men have been arrested following a smash and grab raid on a high-end designer bag shop earlier today (Thursday).
Police were called at about 1:30am to reports of a burglary at a Louis Vuitton store – where bags can sell for up to £15,000 – in Sloane Street, Chelsea.
Evidence suggests suspects in a grey Mazda and on two scooters broke through the door and made off with a number of items, including bags for which the designer is best known.
Flying squad detectives later arrested five men, aged between 20 and 30, in Islington on suspicion of burglary.
They also recovered belts, bags and purses.
You may also want to watch:
All the men are in custody at north London police stations.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 9 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 10 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues