Five held in Islington after Louis Vuitton scooter smash
- Credit: Archant
Five men have been arrested following a smash and grab raid on a high-end designer bag shop earlier today (Thursday).
Police were called at about 1:30am to reports of a burglary at a Louis Vuitton store – where bags can sell for up to £15,000 – in Sloane Street, Chelsea.
Evidence suggests suspects in a grey Mazda and on two scooters broke through the door and made off with a number of items, including bags for which the designer is best known.
Flying squad detectives later arrested five men, aged between 20 and 30, in Islington on suspicion of burglary.
They also recovered belts, bags and purses.
You may also want to watch:
All the men are in custody at north London police stations.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 7 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
- 10 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally