Four men charged after car stop in Islington revealed hidden shotgun and knives
- Credit: Archant
Firearms officers and Trident detectives seized the vehicle and arrested the men after it was found to contain offensive weapons
Four of the five men who were arrested after Trident detectives uncovered a shotgun and several knives in a vehicle stop on Monday have been charged.
Kaelem Wynter, 18, from Borehamwood, Elvis Kisikidi, 19, from Barking, a 16-year-old boy from Upper Edmonton and Olatunji Ladejobi, 20, from South Ockendon were charged on Wednesday with conspiracy to possess a firearm with intent to endanger life and appeared in custody at Highbury Magistrates’ Court later that day.
Firearms officers alongside Trident detectives stopped the vehicle along City Road, near the junction with Upper Street, at about 3.45pm on Monday.
All four were remanded into custody to appear at Wood Green Crown Court on Wednesday, 19 August
You may also want to watch:
Two other men - aged 18 and 25 - arrested in connection with the investigation have been bailed to return to a police station on a date in early October pending further enquiries.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 5 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 6 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 7 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
- 8 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green
- 9 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 10 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back