Four men charged after car stop in Islington revealed hidden shotgun and knives
- Credit: Archant
Firearms officers and Trident detectives seized the vehicle and arrested the men after it was found to contain offensive weapons
Four of the five men who were arrested after Trident detectives uncovered a shotgun and several knives in a vehicle stop on Monday have been charged.
Kaelem Wynter, 18, from Borehamwood, Elvis Kisikidi, 19, from Barking, a 16-year-old boy from Upper Edmonton and Olatunji Ladejobi, 20, from South Ockendon were charged on Wednesday with conspiracy to possess a firearm with intent to endanger life and appeared in custody at Highbury Magistrates’ Court later that day.
Firearms officers alongside Trident detectives stopped the vehicle along City Road, near the junction with Upper Street, at about 3.45pm on Monday.
All four were remanded into custody to appear at Wood Green Crown Court on Wednesday, 19 August
You may also want to watch:
Two other men - aged 18 and 25 - arrested in connection with the investigation have been bailed to return to a police station on a date in early October pending further enquiries.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 7 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 10 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project