Four men charged after car stop in Islington revealed hidden shotgun and knives
- Credit: Archant
Firearms officers and Trident detectives seized the vehicle and arrested the men after it was found to contain offensive weapons
Four of the five men who were arrested after Trident detectives uncovered a shotgun and several knives in a vehicle stop on Monday have been charged.
Kaelem Wynter, 18, from Borehamwood, Elvis Kisikidi, 19, from Barking, a 16-year-old boy from Upper Edmonton and Olatunji Ladejobi, 20, from South Ockendon were charged on Wednesday with conspiracy to possess a firearm with intent to endanger life and appeared in custody at Highbury Magistrates’ Court later that day.
Firearms officers alongside Trident detectives stopped the vehicle along City Road, near the junction with Upper Street, at about 3.45pm on Monday.
All four were remanded into custody to appear at Wood Green Crown Court on Wednesday, 19 August
You may also want to watch:
Two other men - aged 18 and 25 - arrested in connection with the investigation have been bailed to return to a police station on a date in early October pending further enquiries.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 6 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 7 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 8 Club Curling comes to Coal Drops Yard in King’s Cross
- 9 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London