Four more charged following Andrew Jaipaul killing
Four more people have been charged with murder following the stabbing of Andrew Jaipaul.
Tirrell Ball-Thomas, 18, of Colthurst Crescent, Finsbury Park, a 17-year-old from Islington, a 17-year-old from Wood Green and Allan Kalema, 19, from Wychdell, Stevenage, have all been charged with the offence.
Mr Ball-Thomas appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, and will return to the Old Bailey on December 14, the rest are set to appear at Highbury Corner later this month.
Last week Tommy McInerny, 20, of Pilgrims Way, Islington; Jojo Mafwa, 18, of St Margaret’s Avenue, Tottenham; and a 15-year-old boy from the N19 area were also charged with murder.
All seven are additionally charged with violent disorder.
You may also want to watch:
A further four people have been charged with violent disorder in connection with the investigation. They are: Tylon Mason-Riley, 19; Jamie Farrell of Havelock Street, Islington; Stephen Roberts, 20, of Highbury New Park, Highbury and Michael Burton, 19, Hurlock Street, Highbury.
They were not charged with murder.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 6 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
Andrew Jaipaul was 21 when was stabbed on the Andover Estate, off Hornsey Road, on June 26 last year.
He lived in Birnam Road, close to the estate, and was working as a painter-decorator at the time of his death.