Four more charged following Andrew Jaipaul killing
Four more people have been charged with murder following the stabbing of Andrew Jaipaul.
Tirrell Ball-Thomas, 18, of Colthurst Crescent, Finsbury Park, a 17-year-old from Islington, a 17-year-old from Wood Green and Allan Kalema, 19, from Wychdell, Stevenage, have all been charged with the offence.
Mr Ball-Thomas appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, and will return to the Old Bailey on December 14, the rest are set to appear at Highbury Corner later this month.
Last week Tommy McInerny, 20, of Pilgrims Way, Islington; Jojo Mafwa, 18, of St Margaret’s Avenue, Tottenham; and a 15-year-old boy from the N19 area were also charged with murder.
All seven are additionally charged with violent disorder.
You may also want to watch:
A further four people have been charged with violent disorder in connection with the investigation. They are: Tylon Mason-Riley, 19; Jamie Farrell of Havelock Street, Islington; Stephen Roberts, 20, of Highbury New Park, Highbury and Michael Burton, 19, Hurlock Street, Highbury.
They were not charged with murder.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Angel Comedy Club launches mockumentary series to save venue
Andrew Jaipaul was 21 when was stabbed on the Andover Estate, off Hornsey Road, on June 26 last year.
He lived in Birnam Road, close to the estate, and was working as a painter-decorator at the time of his death.