Four years in jail for Islington betting shop robber
An Islington man has been jailed for four years for robbing two betting shops.
Michael Okadigbo, 27, of Southgate Road, took part in a raid at William Hill in Kilburn High Road last year. He and an accomplice threatened staff and stole more than �2,000 from tills.
Okadigbo appeared for sentencing at Harrow Crown Court alongside Adisa Sabado, 21, of Croydon, who was sentenced to 20 months’ imprisonment for robbery.
Okadigbo had also committed a robbery at William Hill in Green Lanes, Palmers Green, and stole more than �2,750 from counter staff.
He admitted two counts of robbery on the bookmakers at an earlier hearing in March.
Detectives from the Flying Squad based at Finchley and Barking were able to identify both men through CCTV footage.
- 1 Islington's Tory councillor calls for low traffic neighbourhoods to be scrapped
- 2 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 3 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 4 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 5 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 6 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 7 Gong bathing comes to Holloway, Dalston and Stoke Newington
- 8 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 9 Residents to quiz council over homes at Holloway Prison site
- 10 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021