Four years in jail for Islington betting shop robber
An Islington man has been jailed for four years for robbing two betting shops.
Michael Okadigbo, 27, of Southgate Road, took part in a raid at William Hill in Kilburn High Road last year. He and an accomplice threatened staff and stole more than �2,000 from tills.
Okadigbo appeared for sentencing at Harrow Crown Court alongside Adisa Sabado, 21, of Croydon, who was sentenced to 20 months’ imprisonment for robbery.
Okadigbo had also committed a robbery at William Hill in Green Lanes, Palmers Green, and stole more than �2,750 from counter staff.
He admitted two counts of robbery on the bookmakers at an earlier hearing in March.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Flying Squad based at Finchley and Barking were able to identify both men through CCTV footage.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 6 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder