Four years in jail for Islington betting shop robber
An Islington man has been jailed for four years for robbing two betting shops.
Michael Okadigbo, 27, of Southgate Road, took part in a raid at William Hill in Kilburn High Road last year. He and an accomplice threatened staff and stole more than �2,000 from tills.
Okadigbo appeared for sentencing at Harrow Crown Court alongside Adisa Sabado, 21, of Croydon, who was sentenced to 20 months’ imprisonment for robbery.
Okadigbo had also committed a robbery at William Hill in Green Lanes, Palmers Green, and stole more than �2,750 from counter staff.
He admitted two counts of robbery on the bookmakers at an earlier hearing in March.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Flying Squad based at Finchley and Barking were able to identify both men through CCTV footage.
- 1 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 5 Tollington Park scrubs initiative thanks hospital staff with pizzas
- 6 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 7 Tributes paid to owner of 'world-class' Islington venue
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 10 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery