Four years in jail for Islington betting shop robber
An Islington man has been jailed for four years for robbing two betting shops.
Michael Okadigbo, 27, of Southgate Road, took part in a raid at William Hill in Kilburn High Road last year. He and an accomplice threatened staff and stole more than �2,000 from tills.
Okadigbo appeared for sentencing at Harrow Crown Court alongside Adisa Sabado, 21, of Croydon, who was sentenced to 20 months’ imprisonment for robbery.
Okadigbo had also committed a robbery at William Hill in Green Lanes, Palmers Green, and stole more than �2,750 from counter staff.
He admitted two counts of robbery on the bookmakers at an earlier hearing in March.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Flying Squad based at Finchley and Barking were able to identify both men through CCTV footage.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 5 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 6 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 7 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 8 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'