Gang attack outside Farringdon Tube station
A MAN was kicked, punched and hit with bottles as he walked past Farringdon Tube station.
The 48-year-old was walking along Cowcross Street, Finsbury, when he was accosted by a large group of men on Tuesday.
A row erupted and before long the seven-strong gang was kicking and punching him and hitting him with bottles.
The victim was taken to University College Hospital in Euston Road, Euston, with a swollen eye and cuts to the head.
The gang, which ran off towards Clerkenwell Road, was made up of young men of north African appearance. The ringleader was aged around 22 with short curly hair.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can help should call Detective Constable Paul Phillips on 0207 421 0185 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 9 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 10 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?