Gang attack outside Farringdon Tube station
A MAN was kicked, punched and hit with bottles as he walked past Farringdon Tube station.
The 48-year-old was walking along Cowcross Street, Finsbury, when he was accosted by a large group of men on Tuesday.
A row erupted and before long the seven-strong gang was kicking and punching him and hitting him with bottles.
The victim was taken to University College Hospital in Euston Road, Euston, with a swollen eye and cuts to the head.
The gang, which ran off towards Clerkenwell Road, was made up of young men of north African appearance. The ringleader was aged around 22 with short curly hair.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can help should call Detective Constable Paul Phillips on 0207 421 0185 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 3 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 4 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 5 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 10 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park