Gang attack outside Farringdon Tube station
A MAN was kicked, punched and hit with bottles as he walked past Farringdon Tube station.
The 48-year-old was walking along Cowcross Street, Finsbury, when he was accosted by a large group of men on Tuesday.
A row erupted and before long the seven-strong gang was kicking and punching him and hitting him with bottles.
The victim was taken to University College Hospital in Euston Road, Euston, with a swollen eye and cuts to the head.
The gang, which ran off towards Clerkenwell Road, was made up of young men of north African appearance. The ringleader was aged around 22 with short curly hair.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can help should call Detective Constable Paul Phillips on 0207 421 0185 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story