Gang attack outside Farringdon Tube station
A MAN was kicked, punched and hit with bottles as he walked past Farringdon Tube station.
The 48-year-old was walking along Cowcross Street, Finsbury, when he was accosted by a large group of men on Tuesday.
A row erupted and before long the seven-strong gang was kicking and punching him and hitting him with bottles.
The victim was taken to University College Hospital in Euston Road, Euston, with a swollen eye and cuts to the head.
The gang, which ran off towards Clerkenwell Road, was made up of young men of north African appearance. The ringleader was aged around 22 with short curly hair.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can help should call Detective Constable Paul Phillips on 0207 421 0185 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 3 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 6 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 7 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?