Caledonian Road and Barnsbury ‘assault’: Young woman taken to hospital after being ‘struck by object’ at Overground station
- Credit: Archant
A young woman was injured in an alleged attack at Caledonian Road and Barnsbury station last night.
Transport cops were called at just after 9pm after reports of an assault. They believe the 17-year-old sustained her injuries when she was struck by an object, but couldn’t give any further information.
Fortunately, she is not believed to be seriously hurt.
No one has been arrested over the incident, but British Transport Police are appealing for information.
A BTP spokesperson said: “An investigation is under way and officers would ask anyone who witnessed what happened to contact BTP by sending a text to 61016 or by calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 570 of August 27.”
You may also want to watch:
Did you see what happened? E-mail Lucas Cumiskey at the Gazette news desk: email@example.com
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
- 7 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 8 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder