Caledonian Road and Barnsbury ‘assault’: Young woman taken to hospital after being ‘struck by object’ at Overground station
- Credit: Archant
A young woman was injured in an alleged attack at Caledonian Road and Barnsbury station last night.
Transport cops were called at just after 9pm after reports of an assault. They believe the 17-year-old sustained her injuries when she was struck by an object, but couldn’t give any further information.
Fortunately, she is not believed to be seriously hurt.
No one has been arrested over the incident, but British Transport Police are appealing for information.
A BTP spokesperson said: “An investigation is under way and officers would ask anyone who witnessed what happened to contact BTP by sending a text to 61016 or by calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 570 of August 27.”
You may also want to watch:
Did you see what happened? E-mail Lucas Cumiskey at the Gazette news desk: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 Finsbury Park drugs misuse centre put into special measures
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 7 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 8 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 10 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios