Caledonian Road and Barnsbury ‘assault’: Young woman taken to hospital after being ‘struck by object’ at Overground station
- Credit: Archant
A young woman was injured in an alleged attack at Caledonian Road and Barnsbury station last night.
Transport cops were called at just after 9pm after reports of an assault. They believe the 17-year-old sustained her injuries when she was struck by an object, but couldn’t give any further information.
Fortunately, she is not believed to be seriously hurt.
No one has been arrested over the incident, but British Transport Police are appealing for information.
A BTP spokesperson said: “An investigation is under way and officers would ask anyone who witnessed what happened to contact BTP by sending a text to 61016 or by calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 570 of August 27.”
You may also want to watch:
Did you see what happened? E-mail Lucas Cumiskey at the Gazette news desk: email@example.com
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 6 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 7 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 8 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 9 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
- 10 Cricks Corner café remains after Islington Council rejects house conversion