Caledonian Road and Barnsbury ‘assault’: Young woman taken to hospital after being ‘struck by object’ at Overground station
- Credit: Archant
A young woman was injured in an alleged attack at Caledonian Road and Barnsbury station last night.
Transport cops were called at just after 9pm after reports of an assault. They believe the 17-year-old sustained her injuries when she was struck by an object, but couldn’t give any further information.
Fortunately, she is not believed to be seriously hurt.
No one has been arrested over the incident, but British Transport Police are appealing for information.
A BTP spokesperson said: “An investigation is under way and officers would ask anyone who witnessed what happened to contact BTP by sending a text to 61016 or by calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 570 of August 27.”
You may also want to watch:
Did you see what happened? E-mail Lucas Cumiskey at the Gazette news desk: email@example.com
- 1 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 2 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 3 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 4 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 New 'ethical' Deliveroo-style service coming to Islington
- 10 Letters: Holloway Prison site development