Hammer raiders wreak havoc at Holloway jeweller’s
HAMMER-WIELDING robbers forced their way into a Holloway jeweller’s but fled empty handed after they were unable to smash open the cabinets.
One of the gang pretended to be a customer and buzzed the bell to be let into Zehra Jewellery, in Seven Sisters Road, at 1.05pm last Friday (12).
He asked to look at a ring but as the shop assistant went to get it two other men barged their way into the store. Armed with a claw hammer, one of the gang attempted to smash a glass cabinet but failed. The raiders then began to punch the cabinet, but fled in the direction of Sussex Way when one of the shop staff tried to intervene.
Police Constable Aroon Rashid said: “This was a frightening ordeal for the shop staff. The fact that it occurred in broad daylight means that a lot of people would have seen the suspects or noticed unusual activity in the area.”
All three robbers were black and dressed in dark clothing. One wore a black woolly hat and a white scarf over his face.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call 020 7421 0150 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 2 Can you help identify this man?
- 3 Shops, pubs and hairdressers reopen across Islington today
- 4 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 5 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 6 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 7 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 8 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 9 Shannon Courtenay crowned WBA Bantamweight World Champion
- 10 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway