Highbury police stop leads to huge drugs and cash haul
POLICE ended up confiscating �10,000 in cash and a large amount of suspected Class A drugs after they stopped a car for speeding.
Officers were on patrol at 12.45am on Monday when they noticed a car drive off at high speed from Highbury Corner roundabout.
They gave chase and stopped it a few moments later in Highbury Grove, where they found a large amount of cash and a stolen disabled parking badge in the car.
The Safer Neighbourhoods Task Force then carried out two further searches at around 3am that day, where thousands of pounds in cash and approximately a kilo of suspected crack cocaine was discovered.
A 22-year-old man was arrested for money laundering, handling stolen goods, possession with intent to supply Class A drugs and driving offences.
You may also want to watch:
He has been bailed to return to police in July while detectives investigate.
- 1 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 2 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 5 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 6 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 7 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 8 Designated Covid care setting celebrates intervention on insurance issues
- 9 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 10 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants