Highbury police stop leads to huge drugs and cash haul
POLICE ended up confiscating �10,000 in cash and a large amount of suspected Class A drugs after they stopped a car for speeding.
Officers were on patrol at 12.45am on Monday when they noticed a car drive off at high speed from Highbury Corner roundabout.
They gave chase and stopped it a few moments later in Highbury Grove, where they found a large amount of cash and a stolen disabled parking badge in the car.
The Safer Neighbourhoods Task Force then carried out two further searches at around 3am that day, where thousands of pounds in cash and approximately a kilo of suspected crack cocaine was discovered.
A 22-year-old man was arrested for money laundering, handling stolen goods, possession with intent to supply Class A drugs and driving offences.
You may also want to watch:
He has been bailed to return to police in July while detectives investigate.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 5 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 6 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 7 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers