Highbury police stop leads to huge drugs and cash haul
POLICE ended up confiscating �10,000 in cash and a large amount of suspected Class A drugs after they stopped a car for speeding.
Officers were on patrol at 12.45am on Monday when they noticed a car drive off at high speed from Highbury Corner roundabout.
They gave chase and stopped it a few moments later in Highbury Grove, where they found a large amount of cash and a stolen disabled parking badge in the car.
The Safer Neighbourhoods Task Force then carried out two further searches at around 3am that day, where thousands of pounds in cash and approximately a kilo of suspected crack cocaine was discovered.
A 22-year-old man was arrested for money laundering, handling stolen goods, possession with intent to supply Class A drugs and driving offences.
You may also want to watch:
He has been bailed to return to police in July while detectives investigate.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition