Two arrested on suspicion of murder after fire at Highgate Mental Health Centre kills man, 46
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a murder enquiry after a fatal fire at Highgate Mental Health Centre in Dartmouth Park Hill.
The fire, at about 6.30am on Sunday morning, killed a 46-year-old man.
The man, who has yet to be named, was pronounced dead at the scene, while two men – aged 21 and 30 – were arrested on suspicion of murder.
Authorities do not yet know the circumstances of the fire, but Scotland Yard said no one else had been injured.
Both suspects remain in custody as enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
The fire brigade confirmed 100 people evacuated the building on Sunday morning after a room on the ground floor was ablaze.
Fire crews from Kentish Town and Holloway fire stations brought the fire under control, but at this stage the cause is still under investigation by the police and the fire brigade.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Finsbury Park drugs misuse centre put into special measures
- 6 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 7 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 8 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 10 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios
Did you see the fire, or do you know the man who died? Call Sam at the Ham&High on 07785 616 237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org