Two arrested on suspicion of murder after fire at Highgate Mental Health Centre kills man, 46
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a murder enquiry after a fatal fire at Highgate Mental Health Centre in Dartmouth Park Hill.
The fire, at about 6.30am on Sunday morning, killed a 46-year-old man.
The man, who has yet to be named, was pronounced dead at the scene, while two men – aged 21 and 30 – were arrested on suspicion of murder.
Authorities do not yet know the circumstances of the fire, but Scotland Yard said no one else had been injured.
Both suspects remain in custody as enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
The fire brigade confirmed 100 people evacuated the building on Sunday morning after a room on the ground floor was ablaze.
Fire crews from Kentish Town and Holloway fire stations brought the fire under control, but at this stage the cause is still under investigation by the police and the fire brigade.
- 1 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 2 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 3 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 4 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 New 'ethical' Deliveroo-style service coming to Islington
- 10 Letters: Holloway Prison site development
Did you see the fire, or do you know the man who died? Call Sam at the Ham&High on 07785 616 237 or email email@example.com