Two arrested on suspicion of murder after fire at Highgate Mental Health Centre kills man, 46
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a murder enquiry after a fatal fire at Highgate Mental Health Centre in Dartmouth Park Hill.
The fire, at about 6.30am on Sunday morning, killed a 46-year-old man.
The man, who has yet to be named, was pronounced dead at the scene, while two men – aged 21 and 30 – were arrested on suspicion of murder.
Authorities do not yet know the circumstances of the fire, but Scotland Yard said no one else had been injured.
Both suspects remain in custody as enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
The fire brigade confirmed 100 people evacuated the building on Sunday morning after a room on the ground floor was ablaze.
Fire crews from Kentish Town and Holloway fire stations brought the fire under control, but at this stage the cause is still under investigation by the police and the fire brigade.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 6 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 7 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 8 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
- 9 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 10 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
Did you see the fire, or do you know the man who died? Call Sam at the Ham&High on 07785 616 237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org