Two arrested on suspicion of murder after fire at Highgate Mental Health Centre kills man, 46
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a murder enquiry after a fatal fire at Highgate Mental Health Centre in Dartmouth Park Hill.
The fire, at about 6.30am on Sunday morning, killed a 46-year-old man.
The man, who has yet to be named, was pronounced dead at the scene, while two men – aged 21 and 30 – were arrested on suspicion of murder.
Authorities do not yet know the circumstances of the fire, but Scotland Yard said no one else had been injured.
Both suspects remain in custody as enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
The fire brigade confirmed 100 people evacuated the building on Sunday morning after a room on the ground floor was ablaze.
Fire crews from Kentish Town and Holloway fire stations brought the fire under control, but at this stage the cause is still under investigation by the police and the fire brigade.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
Did you see the fire, or do you know the man who died? Call Sam at the Ham&High on 07785 616 237 or email email@example.com