Holloway crack dealer jailed after gun found in Archway raid
A DRUG dealer caught with crack cocaine and a shotgun during a crack house raid has been jailed for eight years.
Mohamed Hashi Sharif, 26, of Holloway Road, Holloway, was convicted at Blackfriars Crown Court on Wednesday (Feb 16) of keeping a firearm, handling stolen goods and possession of Class A drugs.
Police raided a flat in Salisbury Walk, Archway, in July last year and discovered a sawn off shotgun and more than 300 catridges for the weapon. Officers from the Islington Crime Squad - led by Sergeant Derek Wright - also found two lumps of crack cocaine, four smaller bundles of heroin and a small quantity of cannabis.
And the drug cops found �500 in dye stained �10 notes, which they say was obtained through crime.
Sharif was charged on July 13 last year with handling stolen goods, possession of a Section 5 firearm - namely a sawn-off shotgun - and two counts of possession with intent to supply Class A and Class B drugs.
You may also want to watch:
The gunman was sentenced to eight years imprisonment at Blackfriars Crown Court which includes five years for having the shotgun, two years for drug dealing and one year for handling the cash.
Sergeant Wright said: “An armed gunman and a weapon capable of taking a life has been taken off the streets of Islington. This was a thorough investigation by the Islington Crime Squad and it will have a considerable impact on the local community. This conviction sends out a very clear message to those who possess guns and supply illegal drugs that they will be dealt with vigorously by police in Islington.”
- 1 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 2 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed
- 3 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 4 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Covid and NHS, LTNs and trees versus housing
- 9 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 10 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
Sharif had pleaded guility to keeping the shotgun but not guilty to possession of drugs with intent to supply.