Holloway dog hater breaks woman’s nose as mum watches on
A CRAZED thug broke a woman’s nose in the street in broad daylight after threatening to stab her dog.
The man launched the shocking attack on his 25-year-old victim as she stood outside a shop in Wedmore Street, Upper Holloway, at 6.15pm on Sunday March 20.
She was chatting to her mum and friends and holding the lead when suddenly she heard a man say he was going to knife her dog.
The thug then lunged at the woman, smashing her in the face before running off towards Holloway Road.
The victim’s mum and one of her friends gave chase but the man got away.
You may also want to watch:
She was taken to hospital for treatment on a broken nose.
Detective Constable Lana Puzovic, who is investigating, said: “This was an unprovoked attack against a young woman who was walking with her mother and some friends when they were accosted by this man. I am keen to speak to anyone who witnessed this incident.”
- 1 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 2 Can you help identify this man?
- 3 Shops, pubs and hairdressers reopen across Islington today
- 4 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 5 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 7 Shannon Courtenay crowned WBA Bantamweight World Champion
- 8 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 9 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 10 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway
The attacker was a 6ft tall, light skinned mixed race man in his 20s.
- Anyone with information should contact police on 0207 421 0162 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.