Holloway dog hater breaks woman’s nose as mum watches on
A CRAZED thug broke a woman’s nose in the street in broad daylight after threatening to stab her dog.
The man launched the shocking attack on his 25-year-old victim as she stood outside a shop in Wedmore Street, Upper Holloway, at 6.15pm on Sunday March 20.
She was chatting to her mum and friends and holding the lead when suddenly she heard a man say he was going to knife her dog.
The thug then lunged at the woman, smashing her in the face before running off towards Holloway Road.
The victim’s mum and one of her friends gave chase but the man got away.
She was taken to hospital for treatment on a broken nose.
Detective Constable Lana Puzovic, who is investigating, said: “This was an unprovoked attack against a young woman who was walking with her mother and some friends when they were accosted by this man. I am keen to speak to anyone who witnessed this incident.”
- 1 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 2 Siblings open community-oriented park coffee hut
- 3 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 4 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 5 Husband granted right to use late wife's embryo for surrogacy
- 6 Actors present prizes at Islington Education Awards 2022
- 7 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 8 CCTV: Woman sexually assaulted at Highbury & Islington station
- 9 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 10 Caledonian artist attempting to paint 100 London pubs
The attacker was a 6ft tall, light skinned mixed race man in his 20s.
- Anyone with information should contact police on 0207 421 0162 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.