Holloway drug dealer Ahmed Ahmed jailed after police arrest him twice and find heroin, crack and cash
- Credit: Archant
A Holloway drug dealer has been jailed for nearly six years – after dodging bail and being arrested a second time with even more drugs.
Ahmed Ahmed, of Crossley Street, this week at Chelmsford Crown Court admitted four counts of possessing a class A drug with intent to supply, one of money laundering, and one of possessing a class B drug.
He was first arrested in Harlow after being spotted “acting suspiciously”, Essex Police said.
They searched him and found 16 rocks of heroin and crack cocaine, as well as £221 in cash. He was bailed, but didn’t show at Harlow police station on October 9 as planned.
So cops went to collect him, and found two packages of crack cocaine and heroin as well as £240 in cash.
On Wednesday he was jailed for five years and eight months.
Sgt James Paget said: “After failing to answer bail, he clearly thought we wouldn’t go and find him.
- 1 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 2 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 3 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 6 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 7 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 8 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
“We not only found him, but we found more drugs.”